• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible Minor?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PyroDude

What is the name of your state? Minnesota
Ok. A police officer stops me and says he saw me with alcohol in my car, I willingly give it to him, he then tells me to get into the vehicle he was in with another person and they coerced me into answering questions without ever reading my miranda rights and never making it clear that i was free to leave. So can I get outta this without a minor?

The Occultist

Did you specifically ask if you were free to leave?

Also, you're gonna have to give a few more details here. Your definition of "coercion" may not match the real definition. So...what did they do?

CdwJava

If they try to use the statements made after you were in the police car against you, your attorney can move to have them suppressed. However, since the officer saw you with the alcohol and then you gave it to him, they really don't need your statements for a minor in possession offense.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">