• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible restraining order?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Daerog

What is the name of your state? -- West Virginia

So, as it turns out, one of my best friends ( a 15 year old girl) is being harassed continuously by three 18 year old males -- libel, slander, stalking, the whole kit n' kaboodle. We've tried the normal methods of such actions - asking them to lay off, calling authorities, etc., but it's obviously not enough. What my question is, would that be enough basis to establish an RO against them?

Thanks much.

ceara19

What is the name of your state? -- West Virginia

So, as it turns out, one of my best friends ( a 15 year old girl) is being harassed continuously by three 18 year old males -- libel, slander, stalking, the whole kit n' kaboodle. We've tried the normal methods of such actions - asking them to lay off, calling authorities, etc., but it's obviously not enough. What my question is, would that be enough basis to establish an RO against them?

Thanks much.
Your friends parents should seek a restraining order based on the harassment.

ceara19

So in other words, you're saying that is enough to have one issued?
It can be. Each case is different and it will be up to the Judge to decide if an RO is warranted. Since your friend is a minor, she needs to have her parents handle the situation. One other option may be to have her parents discuss the matter with the local police. They may be willing to have a "talk" with the individuals doing the harassing. That may be all that is needed to put an end to it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">