• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pregnant 17 year old girlfriend wants to move with my family and I to Colorado.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kdegonia

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Missouri.

Can I get in trouble if I bring her without her mom's consent? She does not actually live with her mother. The lady is being an evil witch because she knows this is our only way to have support for the child while we go to college. She wants to ruin our lives, and seems to be getting the upper hand. What can we do? Can I get her to colorado?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Until she is 18 year old and not a minute earlier, she lives where her parent or legal guardian says she lives. And crossing state lines with her can land you in Federal prison.

Silverplum

Missouri.

Can I get in trouble if I bring her without her mom's consent? She does not actually live with her mother. The lady is being an evil witch because she knows this is our only way to have support for the child while we go to college. She wants to ruin our lives, and seems to be getting the upper hand. What can we do? Can I get her to colorado?
LOL, I hope you have a daughter. ;)

Proserpina

Missouri.

Child, as in yours and your girlfriend's child?
Where does she live now?

dave33

Missouri.

If she is not living with her mother, how would she know where she is living?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Missouri.

You mean the evil witch who won't let you take HER child, who you knocked up, out of state? What an evil woman. :rolleyes:

I can tell you right now thst it would be a cold day in Hades before I allowed you to spirit my daughter away, nimrod.

xylene

Having to wait a few months until see is 18 is not ruining anyone's life. Not yours, not hers, not the unborn's life.

Just Blue

Having to wait a few months until see is 18 is not ruining anyone's life. Not yours, not hers, not the unborn's life.
I agree. But perhaps Op is worried that preggers GF will see that "evil witch" is just a concerned Mother wanting what is best for her child. ;)

ETA: To clarify: "Evil Witch" is, perhaps, concerned with her minor child going off with the Boy who CARED SO LITTLE FOR HER that he didn't bother to use a condom. Mom probably doesn't want her DD to end up with several children before she is 21.

Last edited:

eerelations

Until she is 18 year old and not a minute earlier, she lives where her parent or legal guardian says she lives. And crossing state lines with her can land you in Federal prison.
And your parents too!

What are they thinking? Are your parents insane?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Missouri.

So wait a minute. What kind of "support"do you think you're going to be getting? Where will you live? How will you feed yourselves, let alone a child? How will clothes be obtained? Who's paying tuition?

eerelations

So wait a minute. What kind of "support"do you think you're going to be getting? Where will you live? How will you feed yourselves, let alone a child? How will clothes be obtained? Who's paying tuition?
Apparently (according to OP's title), he and GF (and later, baby) will be living with his parents. I guess they'll be paying for everything. Imagine! Shelling out all that money and risking prison time! They must be nuts.

LdiJ

Apparently (according to OP's title), he and GF (and later, baby) will be living with his parents. I guess they'll be paying for everything. Imagine! Shelling out all that money and risking prison time! They must be nuts.
Or, they want their soon to be grandchild under their control and are willing to risk whatever it takes to obtain that...sigh.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">