• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

probation runaway

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

OhBullship

HomeGuru said:
thank you, you are very observant.
You made the observation a very clear and simple one.

I think I need more coffee, I'm being too nice.

phoenixw

What's my home state? Washington.

Whoah. Lots of harsh opinions here, but not much useful advice.

First, "just go home" is not a realistic answer. Perhaps a better approach would be "seek legal council". There are many agencies that offer free legal council and assistance to homeless youth, I'd suggest starting there. It's hard to say what the result will be without looking at the particulars of your situation. If you return to your home state, you will certainly have to engage in some legal action to clear your record, and you will likely have to serve the remainder of your parole. Good legal council can go a long way toward getting that taken care of with less pain than just "turning yourself in". Seek advocacy and be prepared to do some hard work too.

I'd be interested in hearing what the outcome is for your situation, and what you decide. I'm just starting to learn about this stuff, as I'm trying to act as an advocate for someone in a very similar situation to yours.

What I've heard from one assistance worker suggests that you will find it harder to deal with if you wait until after you turn 18. You may be better off dealing with it while you're a minor.

If by "going home" you mean you want to go back to your parent's house, there are a lot of resources dedicated to hooking up kids with their families. You can get a free bus ticket home by phoning the National Runaway Switchboard at 1-800-RUNAWAY, for example.

Here's what I've found so far:

http://www.nrscrisisline.org/

http://www.scn.org/crisis/youth.html (A bunch of resources from Seattle Crisis Network)

http://www.digihitch.com/usa116.html (An opinion piece about Washington's 'Becca' Law. Does it harm more than it helps?)

http://www.behavenet.com/law/wa/ (Links to Washington state law, including the text of the 'Becca' law - the Family Reconciliation Act)

Best of luck.

clicheguevara said:
What is the name of your state? washington

so a little over a year ago (arrested at age 14, im 16 now) i recieved 9 months probation for two misdemeanors. 4 months into the probation i got sick of it and left the state. ive been traveling around since then and now that the term is up, im wondering what would happen if i were caught or i went back home.
some other questions i have about it are what would happen if i waited until im 18 to come baack, and also what would happen if i left the country for a while and tried to come back later.
i would really appreciate any answers because i have no idea what to do.

AHA

clicheguevara said:
oh man. aside from wolf you all suck so incredibly bad. first of all, burt, the name is CLICHE GUEVARA. its a play on words and you've got to be pretty ****in stupid to not even understand that. second, this was a hypothetical situation cause i was wondering what would happen. third, they were MISDEMEANORS, i dont feel that i owe any of you anything for MIPs, unless of course youve never touched alcohol in your life in which case ill give you a nickel. i was hoping for some actual unbiased advice but good god, that couldnt be further from what i got. fuuuuuck you.
Oh yes, it's easy to see why you couldn't be a successful criminal, you can't even take a few words from STRANGERS ON THE INTERNET!!!!!!! You need to get thicker skin, little boy. Good luck on the run and the pathetic future you will have in a trailer park.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">