• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation Violation/Bad P.O.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Driftbadger

I need some fast information on juvenile laws in Tennessee. My 16 year old son has been on probation for over a year on truancy charges. He's done everything that's been asked of him but his probation officer seems to have a need to feel important at his expense. It's a long story, but I need to know who I can talk to about her threats and verbal abuse to him. I have to be very careful because she can and will run him through the wringer. Child Advocacy?

His PO called my home this morning and left a voicemail screeching about how she knew I was ignoring the call and I had 2 minutes to call her back. Something about bringing neglect charges against me for not answering my phone or whatever. I tried to call her when I got this message an hour later, but got no answer. I went to my son's school to find out what was going on only to find that his PO had shown up there, verbally abused him, accused him of smoking meth and did a drug test on him. He did test positive for cannabis. Not meth, however. She told him she was going to make sure he got sent away. Her exact words were "I'm not dicking around with you". She ordered him to shave his head because she doesn't like his hair, to shave his face and said his fingernails were dirty from using drugs.

I guess what I need to know, besides who I can talk to about her without causing more problems is, can she have him sent away that easily? This kid is scared and he's talking about running. Please give me some good news.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I'm sure smoking weed is a probation violation. So..... he's violated probation and there will be consequances. I don't know what you expect anyone to tell you beyond that.

Driftbadger

I'm sure smoking weed is a probation violation. So..... he's violated probation and there will be consequances. I don't know what you expect anyone to tell you beyond that.
You want to go back and read the rest now please? Maybe if you look a few more times, you'll get it.

I asked where I can report his probation officer without serious repercussions and if they could honestly send him away that easily. I'm well aware that he violated him probation and will face consequences, but thanks for the reminder.

Shay-Pari'e

You want to go back and read the rest now please? Maybe if you look a few more times, you'll get it. WOAH! You expect free advice with that self deserving attitude?

I asked where I can report his probation officer without serious repercussions and if they could honestly send him away that easily. I'm well aware that he violated him probation and will face consequences, but thanks for the reminder. Call his PO and ask where you can report her.

I'd think you'd be more concerned in getting your kids of drugs, but hey, that's just my opinion.

Driftbadger

No, Shay-Pari'e . I'm looking for some answers to things I don't already know. My kids aren't on drugs, one of the four is apparently, and I'm dealing with that. It doesn't matter. My husband and I have decided to contact a lawyer in the morning anyway. I should have read through some other "advice" here before I posted. I thought this was a semi-professional site. My mistake. But thanks for your opinion.

BTW: The proper term is self serving. Not self deserving.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You want to go back and read the rest now please? Maybe if you look a few more times, you'll get it.

I asked where I can report his probation officer without serious repercussions and if they could honestly send him away that easily. I'm well aware that he violated him probation and will face consequences, but thanks for the reminder.
Sweetheart - I read the post several times. Your son screwed up. What the PO did or didn't do is moot. Yes, they can send your son away that easily. Probation is a chance to walk straight. Your son decided not to. So now he pays the price - being sent away. HIS fault - not his PO's.

But keep coddling your little boy. You'll make a good man of him. :rolleyes:

Shay-Pari'e

No, Shay-Pari'e . I'm looking for some answers to things I don't already know. My kids aren't on drugs, one of the four is apparently,That was just dumb to write.:rolleyes: and I'm dealing with that. Not very well either. It doesn't matter. My husband and I have decided to contact a lawyer in the morning anyway.LOL, for your son violating his probation? Good work there Mom. I should have read through some other "advice" here before I posted. I thought this was a semi-professional site. My mistake. But thanks for your opinion. Your welcome.
BTW: The proper term is self serving. Not self deserving.

BTW: Who cares? Do you not understand the two words?

Driftbadger

Shar-pei , rude little witch, aren't you? Judge me when you know me, honey. Your signature says it all. Go try it out on your bar buddies. Alcohol is a drug and it sounds like you're an expert.

Stealth, I don't know what your problem is, nor do I care. The PO's behavior was highly inappropriate. I'll deal with my son, but I'll also be dealing with her. You don't know the whole story and you don't need to since you obviously have nothing intelligent to offer.

Apparently it does no good to seek advice here. Some tiny little people with inferiority complexes and low self esteem want to bully people to make themselves feel better.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Stealth, I don't know what your problem is, nor do I care. The PO's behavior was highly inappropriate. I'll deal with my son, but I'll also be dealing with her. You don't know the whole story and you don't need to since you obviously have nothing intelligent to offer.
Actually, the judicial system will deal with your son. You already had your chance with him.

Just Blue

Shar-pei , rude little witch, aren't you? Judge me when you know me, honey. Your signature says it all. Go try it out on your bar buddies. Alcohol is a drug and it sounds like you're an expert.

Apparently it does no good to seek advice here. Some tiny little people with inferiority complexes and low self esteem want to bully people to make themselves feel better.
I can see why your son is a punk...You are more interested in being angry at the PO for doing her job (and a GOOD job, from the sound of it!) than dealing with your son's drug problem!

He's done everything that's been asked of him but his probation officer seems to have a need to feel important at his expense
How do you reconcile these two conflicting statements?

I went to my son's school to find out what was going on only to find that his PO had shown up there, verbally abused him, accused him of smoking meth and did a drug test on him. He did test positive for cannabis. Not meth, however
If he is testing positive for drugs, of ANY sort, than he is NOT doing what is asked of him! The PO is being tough...That is her job...To prevent your juvenile delinquent son from growing up into a felon. One would think you would be happy she cares enough to go to your son's school and follow up.

Shay-Pari'e

I can see why your son is a punk...You are more interested in being angry at the PO for doing her job (and a GOOD job, from the sound of it!) than dealing with your son's drug problem!

How do you reconcile these two conflicting statements?

If he is testing positive for drugs, of ANY sort, than he is NOT doing what is asked of him! The PO is being tough...That is her job...To prevent your juvenile delinquent son from growing up into a felon. One would think you would be happy she cares enough to go to your son's school and follow up.

We will be dealing with paying for her son to eat and be clothed rather shortly. It appears the apple didn't fall far from the tree here.

It also appears I may need Rico the boat butler to make me a drink since I am on a drug because of my sig line.

Last edited:

Just Blue

Shay-Pari'e;1627968 [B said:
We will be dealing with paying for her son to eat and be clothed rather shortly. It appears the apple didn't fall far from the tree here.[/B]

Yeah...unfortunitly the OP never heard of tough love...:(

PO's are not supposed to coddle these kids...And if they did the lil' punks would walk all over them!

Driftbadger

My son isn't a punk. Read the statistics on teen drug experimentation. He's no different than most kids. The judicial system is a joke, hence hiring a lawyer to represent him. No matter what he's done, his PO has no business threatening ME! Nor does she have a right to verbally abuse him and make fun of him because he has a tremor in his hands, which is hereditary.And yes, he has done everything that's been asked of him. He's made one mistake in a year and a half. ONE! He's attended school regularly, he's been to his appointments, he's applied for jobs, he shaved his head because she didn't like his haircut! That's how hard he's tried. He's just a kid. Maybe you all like to think you're perfect, but your attitudes show otherwise.

You people can think whatever you want. You'll never know how wrong you are, which is great for you because it's one less thing you'll have to feel stupid about. You all have a nice night. I'll include you in my prayers.

Just Blue

My son isn't a punk. Read the statistics on teen drug experimentation. He's no different than most kids. The judicial system is a joke, hence hiring a lawyer to represent him. No matter what he's done, his PO has no business threatening ME! Nor does she have a right to verbally abuse him and make fun of him because he has a tremor in his hands, which is hereditary.And yes, he has done everything that's been asked of him. He's made one mistake in a year and a half. ONE! He's attended school regularly, he's been to his appointments, he's applied for jobs, he shaved his head because she didn't like his haircut! That's how hard he's tried. He's just a kid. Maybe you all like to think you're perfect, but your attitudes show otherwise.

You people can think whatever you want. You'll never know how wrong you are, which is great for you because it's one less thing you'll have to feel stupid about. You all have a nice night. I'll include you in my prayers.
Madam, I hate to burst your bubble, but your son is, indeed, a punk! What is worse is that you seem to condone it. I believe, based on YOUR posts, that the PO thinks you are not doing your job as a parent and are allowing your son to continue with this illegal actions.
Your son is doing more than experimenting with drugs...the kid is on probation and doesn't have the brains to stop taking drugs or he just doesn't have the ability...either way he is headed for trouble.
But, by all means, call the PO's boss and complain that she was rude to you and spoke rudely to your little boy...I am sure your complaint will get all the consideration it deserves!

BTW...You do realize that the guards in the "big kids jail" will be very rude also....and Bubba will not say please,before telling Jr. to bend over...;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">