• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problem with my mom and her boyfriend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nonarky

What is the name of your state?

Lansing, Michigan

im 17, and the other day my mom had broke her own windshield and made a false police report saying that my real dad came over(my mom and dad are divorced)r and smashed it, and then convinced and lied her boyfriend that she saw my dad do it, and today my mom and her boyfriend started drinking then starting to talk about how there going to rob and kill my dad, and i told my mom that i was goin to move out and live with my dad, she got mad at me and yelled at me, then her boyfriend heard the conversation then told me that he was gana beat my ass if i left because he says that i should have respect for him which i dont, thats the reason i want to leave, if i just left and moved in with my dad, would i be required to go to court for him to get custody of me or wouldnt i need to do that? isnt there a law saying that a 17 yr old can live whoever who he wants without going to court? im in a really tight situation, i really dont wanna go to court just to live with my real dad

Neal1421

nonarky said:

Lansing, Michigan

im 17, and the other day my mom had broke her own windshield and made a false police report saying that my real dad came over(my mom and dad are divorced)r and smashed it, and then convinced and lied her boyfriend that she saw my dad do it, and today my mom and her boyfriend started drinking then starting to talk about how there going to rob and kill my dad, and i told my mom that i was goin to move out and live with my dad, she got mad at me and yelled at me, then her boyfriend heard the conversation then told me that he was gana beat my ass if i left because he says that i should have respect for him which i dont, thats the reason i want to leave, if i just left and moved in with my dad, would i be required to go to court for him to get custody of me or wouldnt i need to do that? isnt there a law saying that a 17 yr old can live whoever who he wants without going to court? im in a really tight situation, i really dont wanna go to court just to live with my real dad
Your dad would have to petition the court for custody, not you. Does he know about the situation?

nonarky

problem

yes my dad does know,my plan is to buy a car, then pack up and drive to my dads house, if my mom calls the cops and has a cop come over to my dads to get me, ill refuse to go, can the cop make me go back to my moms house?

Neal1421

nonarky said:
yes my dad does know,my plan is to buy a car, then pack up and drive to my dads house, if my mom calls the cops and has a cop come over to my dads to get me, ill refuse to go, can the cop make me go back to my moms house?
When do you turn 18?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Sure, you can run away to your Dad's. And if Dad refuses to send you back to Mom - who legally has custody of you - HE can go to jail. And be fined. And be forced to see you only under supervised conditions. What a great solution, eh?

nonarky

hmm

well its not that my dad is going to refuse,its that i will refuse to go, regardless if my dad refuse sme to go or not,i have a job,i can support my self either way, im not sure if the cops can do much about me refusing to go or not

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You don't seem to understand, sweetpea. Your father is under a court order, and it is his responsibility to MAKE you go. If you refuse, he's the one who suffers. They could also toss you in the system, but it's almost guaranteed they'll punish him.

outonbail

Have you spoken to the police about your mother breaking her own windshield and filing a false police report?

If her boyfriend threatens to beat your ass, tell him he'll be arrested for it and his ass will get a taste of a beating and possibly allot more, behind bars!

gawm

nonarky said:

Lansing, Michigan

im 17, and the other day my mom had broke her own windshield and made a false police report saying that my real dad came over(my mom and dad are divorced)r and smashed it, and then convinced and lied her boyfriend that she saw my dad do it, and today my mom and her boyfriend started drinking then starting to talk about how there going to rob and kill my dad
That is a crime, call the police and tell them what you heard. Only do it if it is true!

nonarky said:

Lansing, Michigan

Hold the bus! In this thread https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?p=857228#post857228 dated Feb '05 you said your real dad died 4 weeks earlier. Are we playing games today? :mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">