• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Prosecuters Railroading Juveniles {Akron Gang Scare}

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MCSOSADD

What is the name of your state? OHIO
PROSECUTORS GONE WILD!!
My daughter was 14yrs old when police officers came to her school and interrogated her alone w/o my knowledge or permission. Turns out her ex-best friends brother who I am now finding out just got realesed from DYS not even a year ago stole my fathers firearm from his home where we were living at the time. So that he would not get the extra charge of theft of a firearm and furnishing a weapon to a minor, he said that my daughter gave it to him. Then that is not the only thing he stole he also took a Playstation 3..so I guess she gave that to him too..NOT.!! My problem is this the police filed charges on her based on this boys words and I am almost sure that he took a plea bargin because he is already back in DYS. The prosecutors have her held in detention since 3/27/07 wont even release her on home incarceration or gps tracking! She has no violent history and no prior record of gang activity. The system is a mess because the prosecutors want to set an exsample out of people they will do whatever it takes to convict even if it means taking the word of previous offenders on their way to jail knowing they would say anything to avoid extra time meanwhile my daughter is sitting in detention suffering. Can I challenge the courts decision to have her remain detained for trial. Shouldn't they have to prove why they think she shouldn't be released? On top of that they keep setting the trial date 6 weeks or better...what happen to speedy trial...I think they are just grasping at straws and trying to build a case!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Have you contacted an attorney yet???

BTW, if you can't afford a private attorney, then contact the Public Defender's office.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">