• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Provisional license restrictions in CA?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

peacefighter

Ok so I'm 17 1/2 and I have gone through the DMV handbook but I am still not entirely sure what would happen if I violated the license restrictions. For example what would happen If I got pulled over at 1 in the morning for speeding and had minors in the car? Since that would be speeding, violating curfew and driving with minors would that be three points on my license or would the provisional license violations only count as one point together? Would I have my license suspended and what would the punishment be?

Just Blue

Ok so I'm 17 1/2 and I have gone through the DMV handbook but I am still not entirely sure what would happen if I violated the license restrictions. For example what would happen If I got pulled over at 1 in the morning for speeding and had minors in the car? Since that would be speeding, violating curfew and driving with minors would that be three points on my license or would the provisional license violations only count as one point together? Would I have my license suspended and what would the punishment be?
You should consult your attorney regarding this criminal issue.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Here's a thought.

Don't violate the law. Then you won't have to worry about the potential consequences.

CdwJava

Curfew violations would be municipal code matters and not reported to the DMV. The speed violation would be a single point. However, other penalties might apply depending on the nature of any offenses alleged and convicted. Contributing to the delinquency of a minor is but one of the possibilities.

Best bet, obey the rules.

Banned_Princess

Hey kid, keep all of your totally related, if not the same questions in the same thread. I dont know why you have not been called on this yet.

If anything happens to the minors in your car, should you wreck, you are going to be in serious trouble.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">