• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about my daughter..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hawkeye164

I live in louisiana and I was wondering about my daughters exboyfriend. We just found out she had sex with him twice. He is a friend I works withs son. He was 18 at the time and my daughter was 16. This was last year when his parents went out of town he stayed in our house. Sense that time he has been with at least 2 more girls of around the age of 16. I want to know what my legal rights are and what can be done to stop him from continuing this**************Thanks

Signed angry father

L

loving stepmom

he broke the law file charges

Hawkeye164 said:
I live in louisiana and I was wondering about my daughters exboyfriend. We just found out she had sex with him twice. He is a friend I works withs son. He was 18 at the time and my daughter was 16. This was last year when his parents went out of town he stayed in our house. Sense that time he has been with at least 2 more girls of around the age of 16. I want to know what my legal rights are and what can be done to stop him from continuing this**************Thanks

Signed angry father
he broke the law. the age of consent in louisiana is 17, so you can press charges against him.

BelizeBreeze

loving stepmom said:
he broke the law. the age of consent in louisiana is 17, so you can press charges against him.
Press charges for WHAT?

Geeez people, if you're going to give legal advice, at least KNOW what is legal and what is ILLEGAL.:rolleyes:

Happy Trails

From Louisiana statutes:

§80.1. Misdemeanor carnal knowledge of a juvenile

A. Misdemeanor carnal knowledge of a juvenile is committed when a person who is seventeen years of age or older but less than nineteen years of age has sexual intercourse, with consent, with a person who is fifteen years of age or older but less than seventeen years of age, when the victim is not the spouse of the offender, and when the difference between the age of the victim and age of the offender is greater than two years.

B. As used in this Section, "sexual intercourse" means anal, oral, or vaginal sexual intercourse.

C. Lack of knowledge of the juvenile's age shall not be a defense. Emission is not necessary, and penetration, however slight, is sufficient to complete the crime.

D. Whoever commits the crime of misdemeanor carnal knowledge of a juvenile shall be fined not more than one thousand dollars, or imprisoned for not more than six months, or both.

E. The offender shall be eligible to have his conviction set aside and his prosecution dismissed in accordance with the appropriate provisions of the Code of Criminal Procedure.

F. The offender shall not be subject to any of the provisions of law which are applicable to sex offenders, including but not limited to the provisions which require registration of the offender and notice to the neighbors of the offender.

Acts 2001, No. 796, §1.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Hawkeye164 said:
he stayed in our house. Sense that time he has been with at least 2 more girls of around the age of 16. I want to know what my legal rights are and what can be done to stop him from continuing this**************Thanks

Signed angry father
I wanna know what you think your OBLIGATIONS are as a parent. You let this guy stay in your home - WTF were you thinking?

L

loving stepmom

confused

BelizeBreeze said:
and there you have it. from the post there is no evidence that a crime has been committed.
i thought the age of consent was 17 in louisiana? i know here in california its 18

Happy Trails

loving stepmom said:
i thought the age of consent was 17 in louisiana? i know here in california its 18
In some states they will not prosecute when there isn't a big enough age gap.

Just like in the last thread you posted in, that guy could be charged, but he won't be convicted because of his age.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">