• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about My record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

badboy100

What is the name of your state?NY H i am 17 in nyc I went to court at 16 because a psp in my school was stolen and they blamed me. I pleaded guilty because i didnt want to keep coming back to court. they said my records are sealed and i think my lawyer said it will wipe of my record in a year im not sure my question is when applying for a job can i say i never been arrested before since they are sealed??? ps it was a violation charge

seniorjudge

badboy100 said:
What is the name of your state?NY H i am 17 in nyc I went to court at 16 because a psp in my school was stolen and they blamed me. I pleaded guilty because i didnt want to keep coming back to court. they said my records are sealed and i think my lawyer said it will wipe of my record in a year im not sure my question is when applying for a job can i say i never been arrested before since they are sealed??? ps it was a violation charge
...I pleaded guilty because i didnt want to keep coming back to court....

So you lied to the court.

How do we know you are telling the truth now?

In any event, ask your lawyer.

badboy100

thanx for responding and no i didnt lie i did it but i didnt want to fight it im just asking can i say i never been arrested on a job application since it is sealed

BL

Definitions of blame on the Web:

* put or pin the blame on
* incrimination: an accusation that you are responsible for some lapse or misdeed; "his incrimination was based on my testimony"; "the police laid the blame on the driver"
* harass with constant criticism; "Don't always pick on your little brother"
* a reproach for some lapse or misdeed; "he took the blame for it"; "it was a bum rap"
* blasted: expletives used informally as intensifiers; "he's a blasted idiot"; "it's a blamed shame"; "a blame cold winter"; "not a blessed dime"; "I'll be damned (or blessed or darned or goddamned) if I'll do any such thing"; "he's a damn (or goddam or goddamned) fool"; "a deuced idiot"; "an infernal nuisance"
* attribute responsibility to; "We blamed the accident on her"; "The tragedy was charged to her inexperience"
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

* Blame is the assignment of responsibility from one entity to another. Blaming is the action of assigning this blame to another, often from oneself. These activities seem basic to hominid behaviour, as the infamous cat did it incident with Koko the gorilla demonstrated very vividly.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blame

* BLAME! (ブラム! buramu!) is a ten-volume manga by Tsutomu Nihei (弐瓶 勉 nihei tsutomu). It was also expanded into a small OVA, one DVD of six different 'episodes' of anime, which represent parts of the what happened in the story, but overall doesn't maintain the originality of the original manga.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BLAME!

* Blame is the stage name of Drum and Bass producer Conrad Shafie.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blame_(artist)

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
badboy100 said:
thanx for responding and no i didnt lie i did it but i didnt want to fight it im just asking can i say i never been arrested on a job application since it is sealed
So in other words you DID steal the PSP. :rolleyes: Call your lawyer and ask him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">