• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question on juvenile records?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lucky127

Ca, Im currently in my 20's and have not committed any offenses since i was 14 or 15. my first offense was burglary at age 14 in which would have been shoplifting at a dept. store if my friend had not brought any tools as an aid. the second offense was when, again, my friend got drunk and got in a fight with an innocent bystander. im not totally sure, but i believe this gave me an assault/ battery charge.

Question 1) I would like to know who exactly would have access to my records.

Quetion 2) Are these offenses that were commited almost ten years ago able to be completely erased? will employers have access to my juvenile records? if so, what type of companies would have acccess?

thank you.

CdwJava

lucky127 said:
Question 1) I would like to know who exactly would have access to my records.
Any government enforcement entity. And if the second offense was done as an adult, anyone who contacted the court might be able to get that record.

Your state Criminal Offender Record (CORI file) is only accessible by law enforcement.

Quetion 2) Are these offenses that were commited almost ten years ago able to be completely erased? will employers have access to my juvenile records? if so, what type of companies would have acccess?
Unless you sign a waiver and are in a job where a criminal records check is required (such as law enforcement) your employer will not have access to CORI information.

Here is how to check your CORI record:

http://caag.state.ca.us/fingerprints/security.htm

And here is how to clean your record (if you can):

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/selfhelp/other/crimlawclean.htm

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">