• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

questions about minor being charged with csc 1st degree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shan49601

What is the name of your state? Michigan

My son is 16yrs old and is being charged with csc 1st degree. He was questioned without me present several times during this investigation and I am not certain of the legality of this? secondly his friend also has charges (unrelated) and was shown the police report of my sons charges as well at pretrial hearing! My son being a minor I am just wondering if this was legal or not? Please if you have any insite to any of this I would be interested to know before we go to court!

Faerie64

Michigan is not a state that tries 16 and 17 year old children as adults. so at least in that way, your son will not be as deep in the hot water as you would think. Also, being that he IS a minor, his name will not be released or available for anyone to view or find out about.

And, regardless of law, I would think anything the police do to get answers in an investigation, would be regardless of your son's age.

Good luck with the trial. Hope he just gets some community service, but if found guilty either way will probably have to "register" himself if your state does that!

Now, if I could just get someone to answer my questions! LOL

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">