• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

questions on emancipation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

leka1622

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

A friend of mine (17 yrs old) was recently kicked out of her house after an argument with her mother. Actually it was more like she dropped her off in the middle of nowhere and told her to never come back. She's staying with another one of my friends now, but her mother doesnt want her to come back. She said that on monday they would talk with the social services people and go about some process called emancipation so she could move with her fiance in Texas. So my question is how will this work? Does she need action from her mother to be emancipated? What kind of steps is she going to have to take? Is it even legal for her mother to kick her out like that? And how will it work with her going to Texas if she is emancipated does she have to go through another legal process in Texas?

Thank you for your time and help

AlanShore

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

A friend of mine (17 yrs old) was recently kicked out of her house after an argument with her mother. Actually it was more like she dropped her off in the middle of nowhere and told her to never come back. She's staying with another one of my friends now, but her mother doesnt want her to come back. She said that on monday they would talk with the social services people and go about some process called emancipation so she could move with her fiance in Texas. So my question is how will this work? Does she need action from her mother to be emancipated? What kind of steps is she going to have to take? Is it even legal for her mother to kick her out like that? And how will it work with her going to Texas if she is emancipated does she have to go through another legal process in Texas?

Thank you for your time and help
Shes 17 and engaged....no judge in Louisiana going to emancipate her (especially to go live with her fiance in a different state). I do not even want to know how old her fiannce is. But she clearly has a problem if shes 17 and engaged. What her mother did is not really legal, but I am sure the mother would have a different side to the story.

leka1622

^^^thanks but that didnt really help at all

So then a judge could force her mother to let her back in? Thats the real problem her she has nowhere to go in Louisiana, so if no judge in Louisiana would emancipate her does that mean she would just be stuck out on the street?

moburkes

^^^thanks but that didnt really help at all

So then a judge could force her mother to let her back in? Thats the real problem her she has nowhere to go in Louisiana, so if no judge in Louisiana would emancipate her does that mean she would just be stuck out on the street?
She can go into foster care.

leka1622

Ok then, how long would that process take? Would she be able to get her own place to stay in Louisiana without being emancipated? Also are either of you lawyers? I was under the impression I could talk to an expert on the situation on this site was I wrong?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">