• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Questions regarding what will happen to my son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bjz271

What is the name of your state? ohio

about 2 weeks ago my 17 yr old son was coerced by my daughters 22 yr old abusive ex boyfriend into helping him commit a robbery. he told my son if he did not go with him he would catch my 8 month pregnent 20 yr old daughter outside of our home (its his baby) and would beat the baby out of her. my son had reason to believe the guy would do this because he had already pushed my duaghter down a flight of steps and had repeatly beat my daughter during the relationship until she relized he wasnt going to change and she came back home. also my son is 17 in years but mentally he is younger. he has been in therepy for years off and on but has never been violent or commited any crimes until this incidence took place. the crime was that the 22 yr old jumped a lady and began choking her while my son stood there and the 22 yr old told my son to take the ladies purse which he did as he was choking the lady he was telling my son that he would do this to his sister if he did not take the purse. so my son did and they both ran off. eventually my son was able to get away from the guy and went to a friends house that was closer to where he was then my house is and called the police and turned himself in and also took them to where the 22 yr old had hidden the articles that he had robbed not only with my son but from other robberies he had commited without my sons help or knowledge. my son is currently being held in juvie until his pretrial later this week.he has cooperated fully with the authorities and has done all that has been asked of him. what are the chances that they will let him be released to me at his pretrial? he was charged with a 2nd degree felony of robbery. the 22 yr old was caught 2 days later because i told the police where we thought he was and he was there but during the 2 days he was on the loose he was calling my daughter at the hospital where she had given birth so he could see the baby and he admitted to my daughter that my son did not want to come with him that he had made him and that my son didnt do anything but stand there while himself commited the assult on the woman. but he said he wouldnt admit to anything if the police caught him and thats what she gets for breaking up with him and not letting him see his son. he also told my 70 yr old father before he got caught that he would do all he could to make sure my son was the one who would get blamed for everything. and so far he has stuck to his word since being arrested and hasnt admitted to anything. i know this was lengthy i just wanted to tell as much as i could. thank you for your time

bjz271

ty for your time i appreciate it. i understand what you are saying and do agree with you. i guess i was just trying to get some idea of what usually happens in these kinds of situations having never had to go through this before and scared for my child. but you are right one never knows what a judge or a court can or will do in these circumstances each case is different. once again ty for your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">