• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reckless driving

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vagon

What is the name of your state? CA

I'm 16 and have had my license for about a month. I was racing a honda and prob hit about 85/90 on a 45. I was very honest and calm with the cop, so he said instead of citing me with racing (90 day impound) I would get reckless driving. He told me that this wouldn't go through the DMV, and that I would just have to do some community service (he said that he wasn't SURE, though)
Basically my question is, do I stand at risk to loose my license, or will I really just have to do community service?

(I'm also posting this in speeding and other moving violations)What is the name of your state?

JustAPal00

What is the name of your state? CA

I'm 16 and have had my license for about a month. I was racing a honda and prob hit about 85/90 on a 45. I was very honest and calm with the cop, so he said instead of citing me with racing (90 day impound) I would get reckless driving. He told me that this wouldn't go through the DMV, and that I would just have to do some community service (he said that he wasn't SURE, though)
Basically my question is, do I stand at risk to loose my license, or will I really just have to do community service?

(I'm also posting this in speeding and other moving violations)What is the name of your state?
First the answer to your question. I couldn't find anything that said you will automatically lose your license right now. However it does appear that one more ticket in the next year will cost you your license. The judge does have the power to suspend you when you go to court. Lets all hope that he is a wise judge and tells you that you can drive again when you turn 18. What were you thinking? Racing at your age? You don't have the slightest idea how to control a vehicle, especially at those speeds. Kids think they can drive, but did you know that drivers between 16-19 are involved in almost twice as many accidents as all the drivers 20 and older put together! You could have killed someone! You don't have the knowledge and natural reflexes that come from years of driving experience! Do us all a favor, if you get one of those liberal judges that they have out there on the left coast that lets you continue to drive, please be careful. You get to make the choice of what happens to you, but the poor person in your way doesn't!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">