• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thecody

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ny

So if underage alcohol is a violation isn’t it like a driving ticket? It’s not criminal right. How bad is it to have a record of a violation? Is it something tht comes up forever if someone searches on you? Do people even look for violations?
The fines for the violation are less than how much you payfor a lawyer…sooooo…..
Does anyone know about ACD? Cos I know you don’t have to even make a plea of anything to get it. I don’t know how you get it. I guess the court just offers if the want. Can I get ACD if it’s my first thing in this court even if I have the thing in kid court?
Also I heardthat alcohol charges get dismissed if the brand of alcohol isn’t written down (don’t attack me about that, I’m not a judge) so – do they tell you if a charge gets dismissed? Do you have to go into a court and they say it’s dismissed or can it be dismissed anytime?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Why don't you spend more time figuring out how to stay out of trouble, rather than how to mitigate the trouble you get yourself into?

thecody

Why don't you spend more time figuring out how to stay out of trouble, rather than how to mitigate the trouble you get yourself into?
why don't i do more than 1 thing...

stealth I don't think that it's very good advice to say to someone who asks a legal ? "think about something else".

stealth2

Under the Radar Member

stealth I don't think that it's very good advice to say to someone who asks a legal ? "think about something else".
Dude - when the advice is to stop doing illegal stuff instead of figuring out how to get out of the legal issues when you're caught doing illehal stuff? It's the only advice you need. This is not your first ride on the pony - learn how to control it. You continue to tread on thin ice.

CdwJava

As I said, the primrose path to future criminal behavior continues.

Thecody, is this yet another alcohol offense? Or, is the most recent one where you and your friends were kicking it and drinking?

It's easy not to get busted doing illegal stuff ... you simply don't DO illegal stuff!

thecody

Dude - when the advice is to stop doing illegal stuff instead of figuring out how to get out of the legal issues when you're caught doing illehal stuff? It's the only advice you need. This is not your first ride on the pony - learn how to control it. You continue to tread on thin ice.
What's the big deal with trying to find out how things work?

How is "stop doing illegal stuff" useful for questions about court?
Cool, i just go build me a timemachine.

It's not my fault acd exists. If I can get it - why wouldn't I! Don't blame me about "mitigating" trouble when I didn't make acd and when I didn't decide anything about brands on tickets.

Thecody, is this yet another alcohol offense?
no.

Proserpina

Lack of brand name = voids ticket?

Oh come ON Cody - even you can figure out that one.

And please, don't start getting uppity with the folk here. They didn't make your mistakes, your mistakes are yours and yours alone. And yeah, the way you're going, you're going to end up a career criminal spending more time behind bars than not.

Perhaps it's time for a short, sharp shock.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Take responsibility for yourself, already.

Personally? I think it's time for you to be served some real consequences for your actions. You are not such as pecial snowflake.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

Seriously you need to knock off breaking the law or you will never amount to anything but an inmate in prison.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What's the big deal with trying to find out how things work?

How is "stop doing illegal stuff" useful for questions about court?
Cool, i just go build me a timemachine.

It's not my fault acd exists. If I can get it - why wouldn't I! Don't blame me about "mitigating" trouble when I didn't make acd and when I didn't decide anything about brands on tickets.

no.
The fault lies with the fact that you continue to break the law. Only idiots or the insane continue to do the same stupid stuff and then complain when they get in trouble for it (again). Hence you are acting like an IDIOT. If you act like an idiot enough you become an idiot. If you live that long. Prison or an early death are in your future.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

Personally? I think it's time for you to be served some real consequences for your actions. You are not such as pecial snowflake.
Oh he is a special brand of snowflake... but not in the way he thinks. :rolleyes:

thecody

Lack of brand name = voids ticket?

Oh come ON Cody - even you can figure out that one.
Google it. Its mostly with open container. I’m not sure if it’s the same with underage.

please, don't start getting uppity with the folk here. They didn't make your mistakes, your mistakes are yours and yours alone. And yeah, the way you're going, you're going to end up a career criminal spending more time behind bars than not.
Whatever uppity means, I’m getting uppity from me asking actual questions and just getting responses about how bad I am. Yeah I’m the worst kid in the world. I’m going to be in prison forever. Apparenlty I’m complaining about everything. And apparently now I’m going to die too, thanks Ohiogal. I’m not really sure what I’m going to die from but cool story.

You would have heartattacks if you met some other kids I know.

If you actually read my first post the first part of it basically says “is there a problem with just pleading guilty?” My post basically just covers questions about every possible outcome….read it again.

When have I not gotten consequences for things…

How am I now a snowflake. I have no clue what your talking about now.

Does anybody actually know anything about what impact non criminal violations have on you or know anything about ACD? Or know anything about dismissal processes? I really was looking for legal comments. I have fosters who actually know me for everything else.

thecody

Thecody, is this yet another alcohol offense? Or, is the most recent one where you and your friends were kicking it and drinking?

It's easy not to get busted doing illegal stuff ... you simply don't DO illegal stuff!
Why were you saying "most recent one" anyway?....yeah, there's only 1 ever to pick from.

My entire record is 1 juvenile violation. I feel like you all think I have some big giant record. I'm not as bad a person as you think i am.

Last edited:

thecody

if anybody else out there's interested
ACD is for misdemeanors
most violations get "sealed". "sealed" bc they're not 100% sealed but ppl gotta work at finding anything out. Shouldn't just appear in a search for something like a job.

OHRoadwarrior

If you get through probation and everything is closed in the court before you turn 18, it is very likely you can avoid a permanent record following you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">