• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Relationships between minors and adults.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sakifox

What is the name of your state? California

I have a question regarding relationships between adults and minors. I'm already aware of the laws in California of statutory rape if an adult and minor have sexual relations, but what about platonic ones? Are there any laws that dictate platonic loving relationships between minors and adults? Or perhaps even less apparent laws that deal with things maybe not directly related to the relationship, but the adult can still have issues with along the way. I know I know all the "Well you shouldn't try and have a "loving" relationship with a minor" and all that jazz, but on the strictly legal side, what sort of things would one have to worry about in a platonic relationship?

Thank you in advance for all the feedback given.

BelizeBreeze

What is the name of your state? California

I have a question regarding relationships between adults and minors. I'm already aware of the laws in California of statutory rape if an adult and minor have sexual relations, but what about platonic ones?
It's called parenthood
Are there any laws that dictate platonic loving relationships between minors and adults?
If you mean, how they should be conducted, no.
Or perhaps even less apparent laws that deal with things maybe not directly related to the relationship, but the adult can still have issues with along the way.
Yep, it's called the parent's of the child.
I know I know all the "Well you shouldn't try and have a "loving" relationship with a minor" and all that jazz, but on the strictly legal side, what sort of things would one have to worry about in a platonic relationship?
Daddy and his sawed off shotgun come to mind.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">