• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Risk of perjury at 14.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunarofficial

Hello,

I recently had to sign this document ('oath') and submit it to CPS so I wouldn't be redirected to Pinerest (a Christian mental hospital). My dad had told me going to Pinerest would ruin my personal record and put a label above my head and people wont want to hire me. Of course I don't want to take risks so I decided to sign the document. Here is a portion of the document which is my concern...

The undersigned affidavit under oath of the law commits XXX to comply in full with the following statements. Any violation will be consider perjury and will be prosecuted with the full extent of the law for minors and could result in prosecution as an adult.

a) Completely follow the instruction of his custodial parent (father, ABC).

b) Maintain passing grades throughout high-school of B+ or above.

As you can see I have bolded the two main parts which I am troubled with. While reading the document after my father had written it I told him if he could make it a C because I haven't done so well in world history (I currently have a C+). He said he was not going to change it and if that I don't sign it he will bring me to Pinerest. I crossed my fingers and hoped to get my grade up before the end of the semester. It has been one month and there has been little progress and the semester ends in 4 weeks. I don't know if I will be able to get it up on time before the grade is permanent and I am scared of the legal consequences. What can I do?

Last edited by a moderator:

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Posting hx. Kiddo wants to spend his time on extracurricular activities. Now we find out that in addition to not wanting to do chores, the kid apparently isn't much for homework either.

Additionally, this kid was told in 2014 not to use info like this in posts - on a forum for people on the autism spectrum. In other words, even though OP is allegedly NT, he has less social sense than someone on the autism spectrum.

Kid, if you spent less time playing and more time studying, this wouldn't be an issue. Even if. Dad might have cut you some slack if he saw you working hard consistently on what he thinks you should be doing. Stop whining and looking for loopholes and try spending some more time on your schoolwork.

LdiJ

I am going to tell the child the truth about one thing.

The definition of perjury is:

per·ju·ry

/ˈpərj(ə)rē/

noun
Law

noun: perjury; plural noun: perjuries

the offense of willfully telling an untruth in a court after having taken an oath or affirmation.

In other words, if you take an oath in court to tell the whole truth, and you lie, that is perjury.

Failing to live up to the contract that you signed is not and never could be perjury. There are plenty of other consequences you could face for not living up to the contract, but perjury is not one of them.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Failing to live up to the contract that you signed is not and never could be perjury. There are plenty of other consequences you could face for not living up to the contract, but perjury is not one of them.
Let's give the the OP another truth. That "contract" isn't worth the paper it's written on. It means nothing. It's totally unenforceable by either party. It's best use is to clean derrieres in the closest bathroom.

The OP is not going to be "prosecuted" for failing to achieve a B+ average in his classes. The OP is not going to be "prosecuted" for disobeying his parent.[SUP]*[/SUP] I don't know what kind of crap CPS is pulling, but it's totally bogus.[SUP]**[/SUP]

[SUP]*[/SUP]Of course, this refers to the "normal" stuff like "clean your room" or "wash your dishes". If the OP commits an actual crime, then prosecution is definitely possible.

[SUP]**[/SUP]I think we're missing a bunch of the story here. I've decided, for this thread, to respond based only on what we've been told in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">