• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

run away question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Akoni

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I'm just curious as to what the state(s) (GA and WA) could legally do to a girl turning 17 who ran away from her mom,got on a plane and flown out to another state. I know for a fact that in some cases if someone is 17 or so the law doesn't really care at that point because they know if they caught the person who left, they'd just leave again.

BelizeBreeze

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I'm just curious as to what the state(s) (GA and WA) could legally do to a girl turning 17 who ran away from her mom,got on a plane and flown out to another state. I know for a fact that in some cases if someone is 17 or so the law doesn't really care at that point because they know if they caught the person who left, they'd just leave again.
You know this for a fact huh? then why bother coming here and asking the question?

BL

You were given your answer in the previous post .

You are considered an adult , She a minor .

On top of contributing to the delinquency of a minor , you harboring , enticing a minor across State lines will get you in more that a heap of trouble .

We are NOT going to give you advice on breaking the Law .

Akoni

Ok I was very tired when I posted that so sorry if my wording was off. I said I knew for a fact because this happened within the family,though that was in Texas and not here so I dunno this states law on that.

As for the girl? I meant what if she came her on her own, what would the law do and what would I be expected to do?

Oh and also if it has to come down to it I'm 50/50 on wether her dad would sign a marriage document since he basicaly doesn't really care about anything.

CdwJava

TX is one of the (I believe, two) states that has a loophole in the law that does not permit law enforcement to forcibly remove a runaway from elsewhere in the state. However, YOU are adovcating the luring of a child from their home in one state to cross the country to stay with you in your state. As you were advised, this can result in HUGE legal problems for you - federal and state. You could find yourself violating the laws in two states as well as federal law.

Do you look good in an orange jumpsuit?

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">