• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Runaway Laws?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dmb1225

If an 18 year old high school student in Florida lets a 16 year old highschool student stay the night without parent permission is it illegal? Neither teen knew that the parent of the minor reported the teen missing and the 18 year old returned the 16 year old to school the next day. Should the 18 year old be concerned about charges from the parent of the other teen?

justalayman

Depending all the facts the 18 year old could have reason to worry. 18 year old needs to keep their mouth shut should the police become involved and speak to a lawyer before they say something that may haunt them.

Dmb1225

Ive already advised that, but I was wondering if there was any reason for them to worry based on the few facts I have.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silverplum

If an 18 year old high school student in Florida lets a 16 year old highschool student stay the night without parent permission is it illegal? Neither teen knew that the parent of the minor reported the teen missing and the 18 year old returned the 16 year old to school the next day. Should the 18 year old be concerned about charges from the parent of the other teen?
What do you think? It's not rocket science. Teengirl disappears, Parents worry, police are called, reports are made: what's wrong or unusual about the behavior of the Parents? The girl could be dead for all they know.

:rolleyes:

Dmb1225

I know its not very difficult to grasp, I was simply asking for any laws and that may pertain to this situation. Please stop posting in the thread if you aren't going to contribute to the thread's purpose. I'm just trying to know if he needs to worry whether he could be in trouble or not.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
I know its not very difficult to grasp, I was simply asking for any laws and that may pertain to this situation. Please stop posting in the thread if you aren't going to contribute to the thread's purpose. I'm just trying to know if he needs to worry whether he could be in trouble or not.
You don't get to determine who posts -- that's the glory of the internet. And you've already been given an answer (post #2). But I'll say it again: 18 year old SHOULD be worried. And if he's contacted by the police, he should keep his mouth shut and contact an attorney.

Dmb1225

I know I don't determine it, but this person's first message was deleted assumingly because it was an insult. I said please which makes it a request, not a command. I also know that there was an answer already that was actually valid advice. I simply was seeing if anyone else had any more to add to it. Geesh.

justalayman

I could list several laws that might be applicable but without facts there is no way to know of any of them apply. It's a wasted effort to guess as to what facts may be present and give you an answer.

Silverplum

You seem to have a problem. Look up the state laws about minors and read them to help your friend.

(I removed my post myself, because you indicated the dumb offender was not you. :cool:)

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Well..... you really shouldn't be posting someone else's potential legal issues, either. But that hasn't stopped you....

Dmb1225

Actually I was posting a hypothetical legal situation that is not being pursued as of now. I was simply concerned and I had permission to do so. I apologize for any unnecessary comments and thank you for the bit of advice you gave.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">