• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Runaway Situation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ieatgoats

What is the name of your state? Alabama (Ohio is mentioned)

I'm sure you guys read stuff like this all the time but I'm just going to make it short and summarized.

I, 17 male in Alabama, have a girlfriend that is 17 in Ohio. She wants to run away and has a good reason to. (emotional abuse, molestation) DHR refused to do anything about it so her options are to wait until she is 18 (which would be miserable for her) or run away now and live with me. What possible consequences or challenges will she, or we, face in the latter option? Are there any alternatives?

With her so far away (she recently moved) it's hard for me to take care of her. I'm afraid of suicide, drug abuse, and running away to the streets or someone who could harm her. I know the best option is for her to run away and live with me (and my parents; we have a very happy and stable family and we love her very much) but the law may not see it our way.What is the name of your state?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Running away means that she will get hauled home to Ohio. She needs to speak to a counselor at her school or another trusted adult in Ohio.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">