• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

runnaway charge/ missing firearm

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

largewolf45

What is the name of your state? C.A.

im 17 going to be 18 in 4 months

i was giving a runaway charge, or citation. i was told by the sheriff that most likely nothing would happen, i would be contacted by the juvenile probation department, and offered consuling and other services. i was also told that this is not a criminal charge, just a charge for being under the age of 18 type thing.
but the question is that since im on a tenitive probation anywas, (i have to take anger manigemnt and if i fail to comply with this i go on probation(for vandelizem of my own home charges)) will this affect my current probation.

also, the weekend that i was kicked out and "ran away", my moms car was broken into and a 38cal handgun was stolen. the cops are still asking me wether or not i had anything to do with this.

slight problem is that the night that the gun was stolen i dont have a solid alibi, i was spending the night at a girls house, and i only know her first name. also i had called my mom about 11hr to 30 mins before it was stolen

i didnt steal the gun, yet im worried that becase of several preivous charges on my record(possison of illegal weapons), and the fact that i called and cant say were i was, that they might charge me for stealing it if it turns up. can they do this?

thx

Last edited:

Two Bit

If one of the conditions of your probation is that you not commit any other crimes, then you'd be in violation of your probation. In Georgia, you'd be sitting in a Regional Youth Detention Center until you went before a judge.

M

mammothcave

Where you kicked out by your mom,or did you run away,and were you abusive to your mother?:confused:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Two Bit said:
If one of the conditions of your probation is that you not commit any other crimes, then you'd be in violation of your probation. In Georgia, you'd be sitting in a Regional Youth Detention Center until you went before a judge.
Who cares what would happen to him in Georgia, since he lives in CA?

CdwJava

Being a runaway is a status offense and it can result in counseling being ordered by Juvenile Probation. It is not a crime. However, if it goes before a judge and you are ordered to take some action, if you fail to follow the court order then you could be charged with a criminal act.

As for the gun, if there is enough evidence to charge you for the gun - and it sounds like they have a lot of circumstancial evidence or suspicion on the matter - then they can charge you. Charging you and convicting you (aka having a "true finding" in juvenile court) are different issues.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">