• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

S-Lifting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJLupin

Florida, yesterday I shoplifted at Target, I was caught brought in for questioning. I am 17 years old, I confessed. The cop liked my additude so he put that in his comments, but I got a civil ______ (I can't remeber the name). Since I'm a minor and it was my first offence ever (I hadn't even had a record before) I was wondering what I am intitled to do? They said I am going to teen court, is that like the one on tv with a jury, judge and such, or is it more of a one on one thing, my parent, judge and me? I also need to do community service, what exactly does my ordeal intile? Will I ever be able to get a job again? Is it the type of offence that gets erased from record sometime in my life? In case it matters I stole like $89 about, which really isn't true. I stole some Microsoft Points (1600) which was worth $20, and then I opened a big like 12 month subscription to Xbox Live, but I only took the 200 points that was included and that alone was $2.50, but since I opened the huge package I have to pay for the whole thing even though I only took the points. But, the really weird thing is that they didn't make me or my mom pay for anything, they just let us leave. I know to dress nicely for court and such but what else does this ordeal intaile?

Thanks for the help/advice,
RJLWhat is the name of your state?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">