• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

S-Lifting (Again)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RJLupin

What is the name of your state? Florida

Two days ago, Sunday, I shoplifted at Target, I was caught brought in for questioning. I am 17 years old, I confessed. The cop liked my additude so he put that in his comments, but I got a civil ______ (I can't remeber the name). Since I'm a minor and it was my first offence ever (I hadn't even had a record before) I was wondering what I am intitled to do? They said I am going to teen court, is that like the one on tv with a jury, judge and such, or is it more of a one on one thing, my parent, judge and me? I also need to do community service, what exactly does my ordeal intile? Will I ever be able to get a job again? Is it the type of offence that gets erased from record sometime in my life? In case it matters I stole like $89 about, which really isn't true. I stole some Microsoft Points (1600) which was worth $20, and then I opened a big like 12 month subscription to Xbox Live, but I only took the 200 points that was included and that alone was $2.50, but since I opened the huge package I have to pay for the whole thing even though I only took the points. But, the really weird thing is that they didn't make me or my mom pay for anything, they just let us leave. I know to dress nicely for court and such but what else does this ordeal intaile?

Thanks for the help/advice,
RJL

PS Sorry you couldn't respond, I didn't know I had locked it, so plz if you wouldn't mind responding THX

aleeshkapeesh

you won't get a big jury trial like you see on tv, it'll be a one-on-one with you and your parents. the judge's ruling will decide how long you'll have to do community service for. ( 3 days....98 hours....3 months...whatever.) but it'll be small sense its your first time.
when you go to court, just be polite...watch what you say....have common courtousey. you should be fine. you won't go to jail or anything...you'll basically just get a slap on the wrist.

just don't do it again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">