• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Same sex Age of consent question for OHIO

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HAPPYPHANTOM197

What is the name of your state? OHIO

Here's the situation...26 year old male meets 16 year old male at work. 16 year old pursues relationship with 26 yr old. They start relationship, and become sexually active. They are together until younger male reaches 18. He turned 18 a month ago. they seperate. Have any laws been broken by this relationship? It seems all info says age of consent is 16. And even if the relationship breached any laws, can anything be done now that they are both over 18?

Just Blue

Here's the situation...26 year old male meets 16 year old male at work. 16 year old pursues relationship with 26 yr old. They start relationship, and become sexually active. They are together until younger male reaches 18. He turned 18 a month ago. they seperate. Have any laws been broken by this relationship? It seems all info says age of consent is 16. And even if the relationship breached any laws, can anything be done now that they are both over 18?
AOC is 16...it seem you did nothing LEGALLY wrong..But as you are an adult perhaps you should stick to MEN your own age.

http://www.moraloutrage.net/staticpages/index.php?page=Ohio

Silverplum

Wonder what job employs both a 26 y.o. and a 16 y.o.?

HAPPYPHANTOM197

actually...

Actually, no...I didnt dump him. I asked for legal advice, not moral advice. If you must know, the reason we're not together anymore is because his brother got him into some pretty harsh drugs and he's now an adict. Since im against drug use, he left me. I wasn't with him because of his age. I was with him because we fell in love. We are still in love...he just chose substances over me. Im the one who hasn't been able to sleep or eat for 24 days because im worried about him. He wont talk to any of his friends or the ones he loves...he's trying to push them all away. I was asking because he isn't thinking straight because hes all coked out and said if I told anyone about him he would take me to court because he has something that could put me in jail for 6 months to a year. I assumed he was just trying to scare me, but wanted to make sure. I know that I have done nothing wrong. So, before you pass judgement on people, maybe you should ask for the facts. And, it was a retail job...not fast food.

Just Blue

Actually, no...I didnt dump him. I asked for legal advice, not moral advice. If you must know, the reason we're not together anymore is because his brother got him into some pretty harsh drugs and he's now an adict. Since im against drug use, he left me. I wasn't with him because of his age. I was with him because we fell in love. We are still in love...he just chose substances over me. Im the one who hasn't been able to sleep or eat for 24 days because im worried about him. He wont talk to any of his friends or the ones he loves...he's trying to push them all away. I was asking because he isn't thinking straight because hes all coked out and said if I told anyone about him he would take me to court because he has something that could put me in jail for 6 months to a year. I assumed he was just trying to scare me, but wanted to make sure. I know that I have done nothing wrong. So, before you pass judgement on people, maybe you should ask for the facts. And, it was a retail job...not fast food.
You involve yourself with a virtual child and are surprised that others are disgusted by that?? It is something you should expect, and if this were my son I would have had a little "talk" with you. The fact that the laws in your state don't prosecute for this is absurd...

WalMart ...Taco Bell....whatever....crappy cloths or crappy food, it's all the same....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">