• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

scared/confused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

armygirl07

What is the name of your state? Colorado

okay first off i want you to know that im scared to death of my mom, and we have never had the mother daughter relationship her and my sister did. and probably never will.

Okay Im 18 so that means i can move out and theres absolutly nothing she can do about it right? she tells me that in the state of colorado you have to stay with your parents if they make you until you graduate highschool.(its my last year). She tells me that if i leave she will report my car stolen, find me and bring me back. I want to leave so bad, im tired of her "parenting" skills.

My boyfriend is in the army he is 19, we have been together for 2 years ever since i was 16 and he was 17, my mom doesnt want me talking to him anymore and says she will file statchatory rape charges on him if he calls or comes around my house again. Can sehe legally do that?

I dont know but im in need of some advice.my mother has me trapped.

If you and your BF had sex while you were not yet age of consent yes she file those charges. The exception would be in the Statute of limitations has run out I doubt it has. This does not mean a guranteed conviction though. Yes you can leave but right now I think your best option is to finish school! Once your have graduated then leave in meantime start saving money!

The Occultist

Also, whose name(s) are on the title/registration of the vehicle? If your name is not on there, even if your parents "gave" it to you, they can still report it stolen if you take off with it.

Bretagne

Yeah, but if she was 17 when he turned 18, is that stat rape in Colorado? If she was already 16 when they got together, then I think they're in the clear. §18-3-402

fairisfair

Yeah, but if she was 17 when he turned 18, is that stat rape in Colorado? If she was already 16 when they got together, then I think they're in the clear. §18-3-402
and of course Bret is still right, and still cute!!

Colorado
The unfettered age of consent in Colorado is 17, however there exist in the legislation close in age exceptions which allow those at least 15 and less than 17 to engage in acts with those less than ten years older.

18-3-402(1) Any actor who knowingly inflicts sexual intrusion or sexual penetration on a victim commits sexual assault if: (d) At the time of the commission of the act, the victim is less than fifteen years of age and the actor is at least four years older than the victim and is not the spouse of the victim; or (e) At the time of the commission of the act, the victim is at least fifteen years of age but less than seventeen years of age and the actor is at least ten years older than the victim and is not the spouse of the victim;

Colorado Revised Statutes website

fairisfair

and by the way, the age of majority is 18, so no there is not a darn thing your mother can do if you decide to leave. However, in my opinion that would be really, really stupid. Finish school get your diploma and then start to make adult decisions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">