• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

school ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thecody

if someone set a coke/mentos rocket in a school buillding, and if nothing really got damaged (just kinda sticky) - can that be a criminal problem? would it be vandalism?

sandyclaus

if someone set a coke/mentos rocket in a school buillding, and if nothing really got damaged (just kinda sticky) - can that be a criminal problem? would it be vandalism?
It could be. It could also be considered criminal mischief.

Whose brilliant idea was it to set of a coke/mentos rocket at school? Hope you got at least the punishment of having to clean up the mess yourself. And when you say "nothing really got damaged", what does that mean? Anything broken or damaged from the sticky after-effects of the rocket that needed to be repaired or replaced?

What do your parents have to say about the matter?

thecody

It could be. It could also be considered criminal mischief.

Whose brilliant idea was it to set of a coke/mentos rocket at school? Hope you got at least the punishment of having to clean up the mess yourself. And when you say "nothing really got damaged", what does that mean? Anything broken or damaged from the sticky after-effects of the rocket that needed to be repaired or replaced?

What do your parents have to say about the matter?
They don't know who it was yet. Can they give it to the cops to 'investigate'? there's probably a light cover thing that's not working so good

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Of course the school can investigate or ask the police to do so. What you did was stupid - and someone could have gotten hurt.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
More than likely.

Hope you tried to interfere with the security cameras/system, too. :cool:

sandyclaus

Doesn't the janitor work anyway? It's not like they had to get extra cleanin.
Sure they do. But it's not like they are required to come to your house and clean up after your mess there. Why should they have to clean up a mess you specifically made for them at school? Or if they do, why do you think you shouldn't have to pay for the extra time they have to spend doing it because of your stupid stunt?

We put on masks cos we filmed it. I don't know if they have footage of us putting masks on...that would suck.
Yeah, that really would suck. One can only hope you screwed up here so that you can be forced to pay for your mistakes. SOMEONE surely needs to teach you a lesson, because your parents quite obviously have missed the mark. :rolleyes:

thecody

The fact that you felt the need to conceal your identity indicates you knew at the time it was wrong.
Well. yeah. I don't think we came here to argue that. But good sleuthing.

The school resource officer got one of his real cop buddies in and they made a show of standing in the place it happened and pointing at things. They say they're 'trawling' security footage but they seem slow so I don't know if I believe them.

My parents are dead. But thanks.

NellieBly

Well. yeah. I don't think we came here to argue that. But good sleuthing.

The school resource officer got one of his real cop buddies in and they made a show of standing in the place it happened and pointing at things. They say they're 'trawling' security footage but they seem slow so I don't know if I believe them.

My parents are dead. But thanks.
The fact that they're investigating doesn't bode well for you.

thecody

The fact that they're investigating doesn't bode well for you.
Yeah maybe...

It mostly looked like a show. Oh, they just happened to be standing there in the middle pointing at things right at the same time that everyone was changing class...oh ok...

NellieBly

I spent five years living with a Youth Aid Bureau cop.

I never once knew him to fake an investigation.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">