• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sealed records or not

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

voodoodoc2

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Are junvenile records sealed automatically? For instance, about 10 years ago I was convicted of tresspassing. I'm just sort of curious if, for instance I was applying for a job and someone ran a background check would they find out about that? How about when applying for a security clearance?

I remember the magistrate telling me I could come back before the court after I turned 18 and have it expunged from my record, always planned on it, never bothered to find the time since I've long since moved away. I'm just wondering if I should actaully go back and get it expunged. Or if juvenile records are sealed and not really much point.

If I should go through the process to get it expunged, will I need a lawyer or can I handle it my self. I guess if I appared before the magistrate and he/she asked me something I didn't nkow how to answer appropriately I could always ask for a continuance to get a lawyer couldn't I?What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">