• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

selling alcohol to a minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

littlemscheerio

selling alcohol to a minor (3rd offense in Ohio)

What is the name of your state? OHIO

My step-daughter was given a ticket for 'contributing to the delinquincy of minor'. she was a clerk at a Dairy Mart store (she's 25 yrs old) and sold alcohol to a minor & the cops busted her for not checking an ID.

What I found out is, this is the 3rd time she has been caught doing this and sighted. What is she facing as far as charges now ?

Thanks from a concerned Mom :(

Last edited:

Hot Topic

That will be up to the DA. Since this is her third offense, she could be looking at jail time. Each time she sells to someone without checking their identification, she comes closer to being responsible for some kid ending their life wrapped around a tree. Be concerned about that, not what the court might do to her.

Hopefully, Dairy Mart has found out about the third citation, and she is looking for another job or will be shortly. It's not good business to employ someone who repeatedly, and with full knowledge, violates the law.

littlemscheerio

I agree with you ... she's 25 and knows better...or atleast she should by now seeing how it is her 3rd offense. She's in court this morning. oh and by the way, yes she did lose her job but that's on her...I'd rather see that happen then to see anyone get hurt due to alcohol consumption.

Concerned Mom.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">