• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sent to court for coming back to school?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

i70cuda

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

Once in a while my friend and I go off campus to eat lunch. We are both 17 years old, seniors in highschool. The gym happens to be open so we go out that way (we don't hop the fence). We returned early as usual and campus security called us over. He then sent us to a campus officer, who is part of our city's PD. He wrote us up for WMC 9.42 (minor curfew). We have to go to court with our parent. How is it that returning to class gets us a ticket? I mean, we could have skipped our last period and not have gotten a ticket. We can apply for a lunch pass through the school, but how does having a piece of paper and not having one give them the authority to issue is court? Will there be a fine in the end? Any info is much appreciated. its my first ticket and i didn't realize going to lunch was such a crime.

thanks again
-Cuda

Silverplum

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

Once in a while my friend and I go off campus to eat lunch. We are both 17 years old, seniors in highschool. The gym happens to be open so we go out that way (we don't hop the fence). We returned early as usual and campus security called us over. He then sent us to a campus officer, who is part of our city's PD. He wrote us up for WMC 9.42 (minor curfew). We have to go to court with our parent. How is it that returning to class gets us a ticket? I mean, we could have skipped our last period and not have gotten a ticket. We can apply for a lunch pass through the school, but how does having a piece of paper and not having one give them the authority to issue is court? Will there be a fine in the end? Any info is much appreciated. its my first ticket and i didn't realize going to lunch was such a crime.

thanks again
-Cuda
You've bored me already with your whiny teenage 'tude.

You KNOW you didn't get a ticket for "returning to class."
You KNOW that going to lunch is not "such a crime." :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
You KNOW that you need "a piece of paper," and you didn't bother to get one.

AFAIC, you can come back when you're ready to be straight, unwhiny, and accept some responsibility for yourself.

i70cuda

I apologize for being ignorant. I was a bit shocked to receive court, thus missing class in itself. Should I expect a fee?

CdwJava

There is likely a fine and a small community service time attached to this, and then you will also have to deal with the school's administrative punishment.

What city do you live in" If the municipal code is on-line we can look it up and tell you what the punishments are.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">