• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

serious or a scam?/?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wp7000

i met a girl on an online dating service, claiming she was 22 there, we exchanged numbers to text, after a few pictures were sent back and fourth. shortly after i get a call claiming that its her father and she's 16 and i'm going to be turned in to the police unless i agree to help out with costs to relocate his daughter for treatments to south carolina, where the phone number originated. payments were requested through money gram. is this something i need to be genuinely worried about or is this a scam??

justalayman

It sounds like one of the scams currently being used.

Did you or the girl exchange pictures of any genitalia?

justalayman

yes, i received one that was supposably her, and i did send back
Well, you can't unring a bell so if the guy is going to call the police sending him money isn't likely to change his mind. he wouldn't be a very good father to start with if he was willing to accept money for his daughters injuries.

I would bet a scam.

Eekamouse

i met a girl on an online dating service, claiming she was 22 there, we exchanged numbers to text, after a few pictures were sent back and fourth. shortly after i get a call claiming that its her father and she's 16 and i'm going to be turned in to the police unless i agree to help out with costs to relocate his daughter for treatments to south carolina, where the phone number originated. payments were requested through money gram. is this something i need to be genuinely worried about or is this a scam??
Total scam. I'd tell him you are turning him into the police for extortion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">