• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sex abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon My 13yr step-son is being charged with first degree rape, first degree sodomy, first degree sexual abuse toward my 5 year daughter. His Dad and I are still married and will remain so. My husband's 13yr son is currently living between his parents and his ex-wife's parents. The DA has filed the charges and the Hearring Pilimerary is set for May 20th. My husband's son has admitted to the charges but has yet to tell his lawyer how he want to plead. If he pleads guilty (not having any other criminal history or drug problems) what are the possibile types punishement in this case? His is currently in thereapy but acts as if everything is okay. In fact he loves the idea that he gets to stay at his grandparents' house (my husband's ex-spouse parent) most of the time because he gets his own room and doesn't have to deal with his younger brother age 5 who beat on him. My husband along with his parents believes that a residential treatment center would be more apporpriate setting to teach Travis how to be respectful and accept responsibility for his actions and stop blaming others. Do any of you have some words of wisdom for me?

OHRoadwarrior

You have been here long enough to remember to not post the same question i multiple threads. Please refrain from doing so. It confuses the topic.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-support-98/help-595850.html#post3166765

I did not post the same question in two different places.

I did not post the same question in two different places. If you read carefully the post under child support was a question about child support. This post is about possible outcomes for my 13 yr old step son with the charge of first degree rape, first degree sodomy, first degree sex abuse. Measure 11 will not come into play since he is 13. I wanted to know if anyone on this forum has any ideas of what are the possible outcomes. I am sorry if I did not make myself clear the first time. I hope you can forgive me seeing how I am living in a nightmare since Jan 18, 2013.

Oh and this post seem more appropriate under Juvenville Law since that is what my question is about, sex abuse law when it is a 13 year boy acting against his 5 year old half sister and not about childsupport.

Last edited:

OHRoadwarrior

Sorry, I did not fully read your second post. My fault.

Unfortunately the outcomes could vary from being sent to a rehabilitative school to being charged as an adult. It is likely best not to get into the specifics of the situation, to protect his interests. That said, I am not trying to minimize the rights of your daughter to justice.

justalayman

there really isn't much anybody can tell you. Given he is a juvenile, how he is treated is likely to be very different than an adult would be BUT who knows what the state would do. We do not have the information to be able to even guess what might happen to him.

This is an extremely serious situation and honestly, I do not believe it has any place on an internet forum. He needs an attorney and there should be no communication with anybody besides the attorney.

Thank you

Thank you all for your input. I know this is a very serious issue. I am living it. It has been difficult not knowing what the future will hold. I am an ICU nurse so control is in my DNA and I am having to learn how to give up some of that control. Oh and yes we have lawyers for both of our children.

One more thing I will ask of all of and that is to go home tonight and hug your children and tell them no one should ever touch them and they can always tell youn anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">