• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sexting non-nude

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tfisher9180

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

If a 19 year old we're to send a shirtless but suggestive (non-nude) picture to a proclaimed 16 year old over a website is it illegal? What about if a picture was not involved but rather just words?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

If a 19 year old we're to send a shirtless but suggestive (non-nude) picture to a proclaimed 16 year old over a website is it illegal? What about if a picture was not involved but rather just words?
Very well could be. Why is a 19 year old going after a child? Apparently the 19 year old is not mature enough to be with someone his or her own age.

anearthw

Arizona has no age gap provisions. The 19 year old can be subject to a variety of offenses. Do you really think it is legal to talk sexually with a minor as long as pictures are not involved? The law recognizes that adults slowly use counseling tactics to engage minors over time. there are enough 18 year olds willing to entertain a 19 year old with online contact, why bother?

Proserpina

Yup, I'm with Nellie on this one.

If you have to ask whether doing something with a minor is illegal or not, you should leave well alone.

davew128

Yup, I'm with Nellie on this one.

If you have to ask whether doing something with a minor is illegal or not, you should leave well alone.
I'm going to disagree simply because these things do vary greatly from state to state and quite honestly the difference between 16 and 19 could on the extreme end be 2 years and a few days and a college freshman and high school junior. Obviously the law of the involved state(s) matter but in a vacuum I don't see THIS as a big deal otherwise.

justalayman

I'm going to disagree simply because these things do vary greatly from state to state and quite honestly the difference between 16 and 19 could on the extreme end be 2 years and a few days and a college freshman and high school junior. Obviously the law of the involved state(s) matter but in a vacuum I don't see THIS as a big deal otherwise.
There is a world of difference in life activities between a high school junior, or even senior and a college freshman. They are just in differnt places in life. I would have an issue with my children at high school age dating a college aged guy. It will expose the younger child to activities and situations they often are not equipped to handle properly.

NellieBly

There is a world of difference in life activities between a high school junior, or even senior and a college freshman. They are just in differnt places in life. I would have an issue with my children at high school age dating a college aged guy. It will expose the younger child to activities and situations they often are not equipped to handle properly.
I agree with you, but nobody mentioned actual dating. The person is question wants to send a suggestive photo (for starters)

He also runs the risk that this is not actually a 16 year old, but either a 13 year old or an undercover cop.

Egads, when I was 15, I had a 22 year old "boyfriend." What a total moron I was.

justalayman

I agree with you, but nobody mentioned actual dating. The person is question wants to send a suggestive photo (for starters)

He also runs the risk that this is not actually a 16 year old, but either a 13 year old or an undercover cop.

Egads, when I was 15, I had a 22 year old "boyfriend." What a total moron I was.
I was speaking to the post I quoted only. Dave128 didn't see a problem with the age difference issue. I did regardless of any particular texting content or anything else for that matter.

As to you at 15: like most immature children, you probably thought you were so mature, especially because you were dating a guy 7 years your senior. HE was the moron. You were a typical immature 15 yo kid. That is why we have laws against certain things based simply on age in statute; to protect those immature kids who don't realize how immature they are.

NellieBly

I was speaking to the post I quoted only. Dave128 didn't see a problem with the age difference issue. I did regardless of any particular texting content or anything else for that matter.

As to you at 15: like most immature children, you probably thought you were so mature, especially because you were dating a guy 7 years your senior. HE was the moron. You were a typical immature 15 yo kid. That is why we have laws against certain things based simply on age in statute; to protect those immature kids who don't realize how immature they are.
Thanks, I feel so much better now.

Proserpina

In generations gone by, it wasn't uncommon for post-pubescent minors to marry and have children. Much as it pains me use this particular publication, the information contained here is accurate:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/what-age-consent-around-world-2802173

Then we have the issue of puberty (which traditionally would represent the "readiness" - at least physically - to give birth). In more recent years, there's a downward trend; the beginning of puberty is happening more and more frequently at a markedly lower age.

Perhaps it doesn't make that much sense to fight what some may call "nature taking its course".

justalayman

In the not too distant past the life expectancy was less than 50 years and not long before that near 40. You did everything sooner in life because you didn't live long enough to wait. Now we can afford to wait for the mental maturity to catch up with the physical maturity

TigerD

In the not too distant past the life expectancy was less than 50 years and not long before that near 40. You did everything sooner in life because you didn't live long enough to wait. Now we can afford to wait for the mental maturity to catch up with the physical maturity
They also burned or drowned the offending woman as a witch if the cow's milk soured. We may not want to seek too much social guidance from history.

DC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">