• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

She's "in LUUUUURRRRVE" and he won't go away

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

flagmama

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama

r
My 16yo daughter is involved with a guy 3 years older than her. Despite our best efforts, they have remained in contact. She has been sneaking out, taking our vehicles, lying about her whereabouts, involving her friends in the subterfuge. About a year ago we even sent her to our local intervention center. 3 days of lockdown, jail clothes, solitary except for school time and counseling sessions, here's how bad the courts are and you don't want to go their. All that did was piss her off. In the course of her stay, she revealed she had had sex with her boyfriend. She was 15 at the time, he was 18. According to our state laws, that's 2nd degree rape. However, we never heard from DHR/CPS. Fast forward a year, we have taken everything we possibly could away from her for punishment, taken her to counseling (another long story). I call the crisis center again to see if we can bring her back, get some advice, and find out that DHR never followed up on the report from the crisis center. So now we are in the investigative process with DHR and our local police. They just did her forensic interview today. We have been told that he probably won't be prosecuted, based on the experience of the officer we have bee dealing with, and what our local DA has been pursuing. We really don't want to ruin this kids life, but there are red flags all over this relationship that indicates he is verbally abusive, manipulative, and very jealous. We get that teenagers are horny and stuff happens. But this guy has given our child pot, and totally influenced her morals in a very bad way. There's more to this story than I have time for. What I am wondering is, is there anything else he could possibly be charged with, that would get him out of our lives? Do we need to consider a CHINS petition for our daughter? Please help.

justalayman

have you sought a restraining order prohibiting his contact with your daughter?

and if she is taking your cars, you are obviously not securing your keys such that she cannot access them.

Silverplum

Have you met her part-way and invited him to dinner? Tried to get to know him, see why he's so wonderful?

Some of this is a legal issue, and some is a parenting issue.

Antigone*

r
My 16yo daughter is involved with a guy 3 years older than her. Despite our best efforts, they have remained in contact. She has been sneaking out, taking our vehicles, lying about her whereabouts, involving her friends in the subterfuge. About a year ago we even sent her to our local intervention center. 3 days of lockdown, jail clothes, solitary except for school time and counseling sessions, here's how bad the courts are and you don't want to go their. All that did was piss her off. In the course of her stay, she revealed she had had sex with her boyfriend. She was 15 at the time, he was 18. According to our state laws, that's 2nd degree rape. However, we never heard from DHR/CPS. Fast forward a year, we have taken everything we possibly could away from her for punishment, taken her to counseling (another long story). I call the crisis center again to see if we can bring her back, get some advice, and find out that DHR never followed up on the report from the crisis center. So now we are in the investigative process with DHR and our local police. They just did her forensic interview today. We have been told that he probably won't be prosecuted, based on the experience of the officer we have bee dealing with, and what our local DA has been pursuing. We really don't want to ruin this kids life, but there are red flags all over this relationship that indicates he is verbally abusive, manipulative, and very jealous. We get that teenagers are horny and stuff happens. But this guy has given our child pot, and totally influenced her morals in a very bad way. There's more to this story than I have time for. What I am wondering is, is there anything else he could possibly be charged with, that would get him out of our lives? Do we need to consider a CHINS petition for our daughter? Please help.
Do you have proof he has supplied her with pot, and if you do, why didn't you involve the authorities right then and there?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken

r
I see you deleted your post about your DAUGHTER losing custody of her 17YO son. :cool:

dave33

r

Obviously this route is not working. There is not much else to do except hope for the best.

Stop looking for ways to charge her boyfriend. This is also not helpful to your cause. goodluck.

flagmama

We tried on many occasions to have him over so we could get to know him better. Never got any cooperation. our car keys and cell phones have been locked up for 8 or 9 months now. We have password protected every electronic device in the house We have proof that he gave her pot, but found out after he left for college. My husband naively thought the relationship would die a slow death, and we'd be rid of him because of the distance. We contacted him directly and said "stay away from our daughter." We talked to his parents and asked them to help. All to no avail. BTW, this forum is really no help. Thanks for being judgemental, and drawing conclusions without all the facts.

Silverplum

We tried on many occasions to have him over so we could get to know him better. Never got any cooperation. our car keys and cell phones have been locked up for 8 or 9 months now. We have password protected every electronic device in the house We have proof that he gave her pot, but found out after he left for college. My husband naively thought the relationship would die a slow death, and we'd be rid of him because of the distance. We contacted him directly and said "stay away from our daughter." We talked to his parents and asked them to help. All to no avail. BTW, this forum is really no help. Thanks for being judgemental, and drawing conclusions without all the facts.
Alrighty, then.

YesImGrown

r
Look up bootcamps other than that I dont see why you're not using hands on discipline. Maybe she'll understand that better than you talking since talking obviously hasnt been working

CSO286

Look up bootcamps other than that I dont see why you're not using hands on discipline. Maybe she'll understand that better than you talking since talking obviously hasnt been working
So says the child who thinks he's grown enough to move out and expects the taxpayers to pay for it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">