• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SHOPLIFTING FINE AT MACYs raised 100 dollars...not right

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

frikngangsta

What is the name of your state? CA

reading other peoples posts it seems that the fine is 195.00 at macys...i got one that is for 295.00 dollars...on the same year...thats some BS...are they trying to get an extra 100 from me or what?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Poor baby. If you don't like the idea of the fine they gave you, perhaps you should consider obtaining things in a more honest fashion - like paying for them.

CdwJava

I believe the max civil assessment for this out here is about $350 ... be lucky they didn't shoot for more.

- Carl

You Are Guilty

Like holy crap dude, that's like total harassment! If I were you, I'd go straight back there and tell them to take their "settlement", fold it until it's all sharp corners, and then shove it where the sun don't shine!! Tell them they can't intimidate you into paying $100 more than someone else and that you're not going to pay it!

And don't forget to post the result here so that others don't have to go through what you did!

BelizeBreeze

Veronica1228 said:
Tell them that if they make you pay the extra $100 that you are never shopping there again!
Tell them that if they make you pay the extra $100 that you are never shoplifting there again.:D

JETX

frikngangsta said:
reading other peoples posts it seems that the fine is 195.00 at macys...i got one that is for 295.00 dollars...on the same year...thats some BS...are they trying to get an extra 100 from me or what?
From California Penal Code, 490.5:
when an adult or emancipated minor has unlawfully taken merchandise from a merchant's premises, the adult or emancipated minor shall be liable to the merchant for damages of not less than fifty dollars ($50.00) nor more than five hundred dollars ($500.00), in addition to the retail value of the merchandise, if not recovered in undamaged condition, plus costs. An action for recovery of damages, pursuant to this subdivision, may be brought in small claims court if the total damages do not exceed the jurisdictional limit of such court, or in any other appropriate court. The provisions of this subdivision are in addition to other civil remedies and do not limit merchants or other persons to elect to pursue other civil remedies.
Source: http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=pen&group=00001-01000&file=484-502.9

frikngangsta

i know about the penal code...but is it right for them to treat me any different than another person for the same exact crime??? i mean...i know this guy who did the same thing the same year...and he stole only a $20 shirt...i stole a shirt thats $20...100 dollars extra my ass...**** 300 bucks down the drain...i was gonna use that money for something too...IM SO PISSED!!!...screw it, i did the crime, now i pay the price...ill learn to accept it...thanks for everything you guys..im going tomorrow to pay...ill write about what happened...thanks

BelizeBreeze

frikngangsta said:
i know about the penal code...but is it right for them to treat me any different than another person for the same exact crime???.
Yes. So that maybe next time you'll BUY instead of STEAL.
frikngangsta said:
i mean...i know this guy who did the same thing the same year...and he stole only a $20 shirt...i stole a shirt thats $20...100 dollars extra my ass...**** 300 bucks down the drain...
And who's fault is that?
frikngangsta said:
i was gonna use that money for something too.
Like maybe.....oh, I don't know, BUY A $20 SHIRT???
frikngangsta said:
..IM SO PISSED!!!...screw it, i did the crime, now i pay the price...ill learn to accept it
[/quot3]
And that's the EXACT reason for the fine. To teach you something.

nohr4u1yr

frikngangsta said:
i know about the penal code...but is it right for them to treat me any different than another person for the same exact crime??? i mean...i know this guy who did the same thing the same year...and he stole only a $20 shirt...i stole a shirt thats $20...100 dollars extra my ass...**** 300 bucks down the drain...i was gonna use that money for something too...IM SO PISSED!!!...screw it, i did the crime, now i pay the price...ill learn to accept it...thanks for everything you guys..im going tomorrow to pay...ill write about what happened...thanks
You have to be one of the most stupid people I have read about. You are pissed off becuase Macy's is fining you for something you stole?! :eek: Good luck ever finding a job sticky fingers! Your parents must be so proud of you.

OMG......ROTFLMAO :D :D :D That was a good one!!! Upset that Macy's fined you $100 more for stealing a shirt!!!! I bet that $20 was a bargin now compared to $295 huh??? And you still didn't get the shirt.....you just handed Macy's $295 on a silver platter!!!

frikngangsta

you guys dont know a lot of the details of what happened..who said my parents were involved? why would they let me keep the shirt if i was CAUGHT? no plausible reasons of why you people say these remarks which make no sense...but yea go ahead and keep judging as if you had not done something stupid in your lives as well...

Veronica1228

frikngangsta said:
you guys dont know a lot of the details of what happened..who said my parents were involved? why would they let me keep the shirt if i was CAUGHT? no plausible reasons of why you people say these remarks which make no sense...but yea go ahead and keep judging as if you had not done something stupid in your lives as well...
Stupid? Yes. Criminal? Never!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">