• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

shoplifting + more

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jul26

What is the name of your state?
I live in New Jersey

Last summer my daughter was caught in local mall and juvenile conference committee made her to see counselor and do some local service and couple of other things. Now the principle from her school called me and said that about the same time she stole the camera from school’s laboratory. She was suspended from the school for a week and the detective called me and asked if I have any questions I have to contact him.

My daughter is 15 yo and she has mental problem. She has bipolar disorder. Her behavior is unpredictable. Some day she is fine, some she can leave the house or cry etc…
What is your advice? I don’t know what to do?

S

seniorjudge

jul26 said:
What is the name of your state?
I live in New Jersey

Last summer my daughter was caught in local mall and juvenile conference committee made her to see counselor and do some local service and couple of other things. Now the principle from her school called me and said that about the same time she stole the camera from school’s laboratory. She was suspended from the school for a week and the detective called me and asked if I have any questions I have to contact him.

My daughter is 15 yo and she has mental problem. She has bipolar disorder. Her behavior is unpredictable. Some day she is fine, some she can leave the house or cry etc…
What is your advice? I don’t know what to do?
What is the legal question you want answered?

jul26

two things

My question is what penalty would be expected? She've got one punishment for shoplifting already. What else to expect - camera steeling from school + shoplifting at age 15.
thanks

S

seniorjudge

jul26 said:
My question is what penalty would be expected? She've got one punishment for shoplifting already. What else to expect - camera steeling from school + shoplifting at age 15.
thanks
Tell us the statute numbers she was charged under.

jul26

double action

i'm not expert in law terminalogy. What do you mean by statute numbers?
She is in the middle of her first punishment for shoplifting - and now new case - this stolen camera from the school.

After she took it from school, she wanted to give it back and didn't know how.So her friend was "so kind", he dropped it near police station with some notes. It was never picked up by policeman.

So, we have double crime on our hands - shoplifting + stollen school camera.

S

seniorjudge

jul26 said:
i'm not expert in law terminalogy. What do you mean by statute numbers?
She is in the middle of her first punishment for shoplifting - and now new case - this stolen camera from the school.

After she took it from school, she wanted to give it back and didn't know how.So her friend was "so kind", he dropped it near police station with some notes. It was never picked up by policeman.

So, we have double crime on our hands - shoplifting + stollen school camera.
Look on the charging papers and see if you can figure out what statutes she violated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">