• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

shoplifting in walmart

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brokensprit

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama. My son was caught shiplifting in Wal Mart. The merchandise was worth approximately $12 (before sales tax). I understand I could face some civil action and if so what cost should I estimate. Also, will he be banned from all Wal Mart stores for life?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama. My son was caught shiplifting in Wal Mart. The merchandise was worth approximately $12 (before sales tax). I understand I could face some civil action and if so what cost should I estimate. Also, will he be banned from all Wal Mart stores for life?
All depends on the circumstances. See a local attorney.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I've seen Bama judges make the thief stand outside of WalMart in a sandwich board proclaiming that the person wearing the board stole from WalMart. Being exposed in front of your town and your peers as a thief over $12-priceless. :cool:

The civil demands usually run ~$250, according to the many posts on this very board. And you can probably expect that Junior will not be welcome back into the local WalMart.

Alex1176

I've seen Bama judges make the thief stand outside of WalMart in a sandwich board proclaiming that the person wearing the board stole from WalMart. Being exposed in front of your town and your peers as a thief over $12-priceless. :cool:
I love the South:D But it's a shame that they are not doing the tar-and-feathers thing anymore.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

**A: $500-$2500 including your attorney fees and depending upon the age of your son.

redleg17

Did you sign a tresspass notice when you picked him up? Wal-Mart AP makes the individual (or parents in the case of a minor) sign a written tresspass notice if the person is banned. Or, in the case the individual is being banned and refuses to sign, they have the police issue a tresspass warning.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">