• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sister got an MIC - questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BigSister05

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

My sister just got a minor in consumption last night. She's eighteen. Her MIC doesn't have a fine on it, it says call for fine. (The spot that says Fine: (is blank)) Does anyone know why this would be? Is the amount too much? Would it just be a warning?

Also, is there a way she would be able to do community service instead of paying the fine, if there is one? Would that option be included in the ticket?

She also ended up going to the hospital, and they won't let her leave until the lab reports come back. She's clueless what they would be testing her for. I told her to ask, but she didn't really seem up for asking. I'm thinking they could be testing for probably alcohol poisoning, and/or any type of drug, whether it be a date rape or even marijuana, could there be other drugs? What else would they be testing her for?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Happy Trails

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

My sister just got a minor in consumption last night. She's eighteen. Her MIC doesn't have a fine on it, it says call for fine. (The spot that says Fine: (is blank)) Does anyone know why this would be? Is the amount too much? Would it just be a warning?

Also, is there a way she would be able to do community service instead of paying the fine, if there is one? Would that option be included in the ticket?

She also ended up going to the hospital, and they won't let her leave until the lab reports come back. She's clueless what they would be testing her for. I told her to ask, but she didn't really seem up for asking. I'm thinking they could be testing for probably alcohol poisoning, and/or any type of drug, whether it be a date rape or even marijuana, could there be other drugs? What else would they be testing her for?

Thanks in advance.
The fine amount can vary from county to county...

This is a misdemeanor that is punishable by $100-$1,000 fine and/or up to 90 days in jail. Although, in my county, I've never seen it go over $400 for the first offense and the offender didn't get any jail time either. I also have not seen any community service available for an ofender that is 18 and over for this type of charge. (In my county anyway.)

I have no idea what the hospital is doing...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">