• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slander & Juveniles???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DL11

What is the name of your state? OHIO

My 16 yr. old daughter is being slandered beyond all belief at high school by one girl! This girl is 18, a senior, and comes from a horrible homelife... She is telling everyone at school that my daughter has STD's, smoke crack, snorts pills (yeah, that one didn't make sense to me either, she said that one to me.), and even started telling people and even my younger son that my daughter got raped a few weeks ago. The stories are outrageous and non-stop and my daughter is becoming enraged to the point that she feels she will not be able to control hurting this girl to shut her up. Every guy that likes my daughter is approached by this girl and told lies (like the crazy stuff above) about my daughter, it's her attempt and purpose to ruin my daughter's life. Yes, there's a story that started this, but it's was the other girl who started it and my daughter told her in essence, "Shut up and go away, I hate you, don't ever talk to me again." This girl is just psycho, we all have always known it. My daughter is not one to let people walk over her or threaten her without backing herself up. She's got an attitude that she won't take anything from anyone, but this is getting way out of control and she doesn't know what to do. Every where she turns she's finding out all these things this girl is doing against her.

I've called the school officials, was given to voicemail of the Asst. Principal, waited the entire day, no call back. Just now left a 2nd voicemail with serious urgency that this matter not be held off and wait until Monday, call me today! My eldest daughter, more of a weak, quiet personality was bullied at this same school b/c she wasn't "beautiful" or "popular" or wishing to "fit in" and the officials ended up telling me and a couple other parents "well it appears to be he said/she said, one word against another, and we don't have any proof, all we can do is warn them to stop right now." It was unbelievable if you the entire story was warranted being typed here, just trust me. She moved to live with my sister and bro-in-law to attend her last year of high school in another state with them (they are teachers) and is absolutely flourishing in this other school. Too bad our school has cruddy officials who appear to fear punishing certain students... (jocks, cheerleaders, rich kids)

I am asking - WHAT actions should take to MAKE this stop? I feel like going straight to the top with this one if I don't get immediate results... which top do I go to? School Superintendent, or the State level?

This school is a small community, hick-town sort of school. And it is horrible when it comes to racism (my daughter isn't a victim of the racism aspect in this case), rumors, fights, downright disrespect, drugs & alcohol are rampant and they seem to just keep doing their daily thing with constant "Saturday School" discipline, or "suspended 3 days..." unless it's to the utter extreme in violence (i.e.. bloody, punching, in other words, totally obvious). This girl is graduating in another 2 months and my daughter has another year to go with all these lies floating around about her and alot of kids believing them because they don't know any better!

I've never dealt with the Board of Education before, but one of the board member's daughter is friends with this girl and (my opinion after seeing this girls myspace.com site, her mom doesn't have a clue she's an alcoholic and way out of control herself) makes me wonder how far that would get me once her own child spews these lies to her mother.

Sorry... I am just at my wit's end. This doesn't just affect my daughter, we have 3 boys coming to that school in the next couple years as well. This is affecting our entire family! BTW, this girl's mother (I know for a fact) takes other high school senior boys who are 18 and 19 up to the big inner city and buys crack, smokes it with them, and has had sex with them. This girl has told this to others at school when she found out the boy's she liked were going to see her mother and her mother admitted it, she used this as reasoning to gain the empathy of others at school for her horrible homelife. It's sick... but now that my daughter didn't do what this girl wanted her to, she's ruining her life out of revenge. Even threatened to have her jumped, "and she may not live thru it"... only problem is my daughter talks like she isn't scared, she appears tough and anxious to stop this girl in any way she can. She hasn't acted on her talk, thank the Lord, but I am fearful she is being pushed too far and don't want her to ruin her future b/c she's taken too much and fighting back.

DL11

Trying!

BelizeBreeze said:
and, of course, once your daughter was threatened you called the police and file a report right?
Actually, the facts of that question are, we had our garage broken in to and called police to file the report, we had no idea at the time this was related to this girl hating my daughter so much. Two days later my kids saw this girl's younger brother (who lives during the week at home and the weekends he has to go stay at the juvenile detention ctr... he's a past criminal) riding my son's bike (one of the things stolen). I called the officer back and again had to leave a message b/c he was off duty at the time... Told him this information when he called me back and he said he would look in to it. He said he was very familiar with these people.

That's when the slander started being found out about by my daughter. This guy asked her on a date, they went to dinner and a movie. She was seen with him and next thing she knew, he told he just got a text msg saying my daughter had STD's and etc... He was freaked out, said he didn't believe it, but kind of backed off talking to her. Another guy who acted as if he liked her, they were talking in the hall and planned to go out later after they both were off work, he stood her up. Next day in school he acted mad at her, she insisted on knowing why he was suddenly acting that way and told him about this girl and what she had said to the other guy... he admitted he had been told the same things.

I contacted the Police Officer again and told him about seeing the bike, and that this girl is telling people that she knows who broke in to our garage but she isn't "snitching". I tried to tell the officer this info... again given voicemail - Left msg 2 days ago asking if I can file charges for the theft, menacing or something, AND the slander. Spoke to another officer and was told THIS officer is handling the investigation, have to deal with him.

I feel I am being pushed aside every where I turn and I haven't even been that forceful yet... I'm starting to get to the point where the police and the school are never going to forget my name. I'm sick of being respectful and waiting for "calls back" and no results. It's been 2 hours since I left a msg for the principal at the school today... still no call back. That's 2 msg's left for him now.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
DL11 said:
It's been 2 hours since I left a msg for the principal at the school today... still no call back. That's 2 msg's left for him now.
Has it occured to you to get into your car and drive over to the school to see the principal in person?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
And... if your daughter is living out of state and attending school there, why is this still a daily drama?

DL11

stealth2 said:
And... if your daughter is living out of state and attending school there, why is this still a daily drama?
That is my oldest daughter, I referenced the activity at the school and how she was bullied when she attended there. This daughter is not the one in this current situation.

DL11

stealth2 said:
Has it occured to you to get into your car and drive over to the school to see the principal in person?
Yes. I gave him a time limit before I planned on doing so. Also have to arrange childcare for my young ones.

I spoke with him an hour ago finally. He said he will look into the matter. I made myself quite clear that this better stop. Past history with this principal and school in regards to my other daughter being bullied means I most likely need to be much more bold and forceful. I explained my feelings strongly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">