• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sodomy of 13yr old son in foster care

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JPESOUT

What is the name of your state? ca
My 13yr old son is in foster care. Last week he was sodomized by a neighbor's 16 yr old son while my son's 16 yr old roommate watched. Hes been left in that same home with the roommate who watched the sodomy take place and did nothing to stop it or tell an adult what was happening. When my son was first placed there, he described playing "spin the bottle" and kissing the foster mom's 16 year old sister, he was 12 years old then. The social worker didn't feel this was grounds to remove him from the home yet I felt her ability to supervise child adequately was in question. Police have now been involved and I dont understand why my son should be made to share a home with the ''ACCOMPLICE TO THE FELONY OF THE SODOMY''. My social worker's boss is trying to tell me my son consented to this act of sodomy, I myself am finding this unbelievable due to not only his age, but because of the severity of the act of sodomy in itself. What can I do to help my son?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

CdwJava

It is very likely that you do not have the legal standing to take any action. If you have lost custody to the state, then they have the say in the matter. At this point you can beat the bushes at CPS and let the police do their jobs, but there may not be a whole lot more that you can do unless you have the money to pay for an attorney to investigate the matter.

Do you know what the police have said? What is the source of your information on the assault? What rights do you still have regarding the care of your son?

- Carl

Shay-Pari'e

It is very likely that you do not have the legal standing to take any action. If you have lost custody to the state, then they have the say in the matter. At this point you can beat the bushes at CPS and let the police do their jobs, but there may not be a whole lot more that you can do unless you have the money to pay for an attorney to investigate the matter.

Do you know what the police have said? What is the source of your information on the assault? What rights do you still have regarding the care of your son?

- Carl
Always the nice guy! Rams-Seattle, get your mocha ready.;) I'd say beer, but it is a morning groggy game.

CdwJava

Shay-Pari'e said:
Rams-Seattle, get your mocha ready.;) I'd say beer, but it is a morning groggy game.
Bah! I'm working, so I have to have a mocha ... and I don't drink. :cool:

I'm more interested in Chargers v. 49ers and Raiders v. Broncos. I think it's going to be a double loss for the Bay Area ... and double gloating by my wife and chillin'.

- Carl

Shay-Pari'e

Bah! I'm working, so I have to have a mocha ... and I don't drink. :cool:

I'm more interested in Chargers v. 49ers and Raiders v. Broncos. I think it's going to be a double loss for the Bay Area ... and double gloating by my wife and chillin'.

- Carl
Carl sweetie,

You have to be a true fan to even mention both those teams in one sentence. You know I live near you, but DAMB, they suck.

Hugs with sugar on top.;)

PS. Tell your wife how smart I think she is.

CdwJava

;)
Shay-Pari'e said:
Carl sweetie,

You have to be a true fan to even mention both those teams in one sentence. You know I live near you, but DAMB, they suck.

Hugs with sugar on top.;)

PS. Tell your wife how smart I think she is.
I attended my first Raiders and 9ers games in 1967 - back when the raiders were in the AFL. Okay, I was in Kindergarten, but I was with my dad! I suffered through decades of suckie 9ers and Candlestick Park ... I am NOT a fair weather fan! :D

My wife is from Philly and raised most her life in San Diego ... my kids are suck ups to mom and have no sense of honor! :rolleyes:

Ah, well ... it's going to be a tough year. I refer to it as a "building year" ... again ... for both teams.

- Carl

JPESOUT

re:questions

The source of the information of the assault was the social workers boss, the police, the foster mother, and the initial report turned into my social workers boss. My parental rights are still intact, in fact I am in the process of asking the court to hear a motion for his return to my custody, prior to this incident taking place. The detective was very vague as the case was still under investigation,although I'm toldthat he got enough information from his first interview with my son so no other interview wouldbe required.

CdwJava

At this point it seems you may have to adopt a 'wait and see' posture. These are potentially serious felony allegations and there are very severe penalties. If you have the money for an attorney, you might consider consulting one to see what your options are. However, it sounds as if the incident is being investigated, so there may not be much more you COULD do at this point.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">