• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

son assaulted at school

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

apishapa

What is the name of your state? Colorado

Yesterday, my 12 year old son was assaulted at school by two much bigger boys. This is what happened. After P.E. when is the final period , my son was in the locker room. He says he was washing his hands and accidentally splashed a small amount of water on another boy. That boys grabbed him by the neck, held him down while he tried to spray HOT water in my son's eyes. My son struggled and a second larger boy grabbed him and the two boys sprayed scalding water in my son's eyes. My son escaped and the boys tripped him and shoved him to the floor two or three times as he tried to get away. He finally got away and ran to the office for help. Three other boys were present butdid not participate, nor did they make any effort to help my son.

I got a message at work from the Principal that an incident had occurred and he was "investigating" and that I might need to have my son's eyes checked for damage. He did not give any detailes other than to say that the other boys involved had left school before he could talk to them. So theinvestigation would continue today. I know he told one lie because my son told me that the Principal talked to one of the boys whoassaulted him before he talked to my son and that he was not sure the Principal would stand up for him and punish those boys.

The reason I am asking for help before I go in to talk to the school is because this school has a very poor trackrecord in defending my kids. From my experience overthe last 13 years, their primary concern is in protecting the School. This is a very small community and I don't want to cause my son more problems, but I have know them to sweep a lot of serious problems under the rug, and I've been too emotional and too scared to fight. This son has come home from school this year with one injury after another that he got in P.E.. He has asked me to let it go before, because he didn't want to look like a tattletale. But that P.E. teacher knows he has been singled out for rough treatment and not protected him. I am tired of it.

He is not a superstar athlete like hissiblings. He is small and quiet and he does not care about sports. He came home last fall with a bruise that covered half his thigh where a kid stomped on his leg with cleats. He has come home with black eyes twice this year. He comes home from P.E. with some kind of bruie almost every week. Either that teacher s encouraging too rough play in her class or she is allowing my son tobe singled out and abused. I thnk the reason he was assaulted yesterday is because she has not discouraged previous assaulted. I am furious and I would like to know what my options are if as I expect I hear that these kids will not even get suspended. I am not willing to let this go. without som kind of repurcussions. My son couldhave been blinded and the fact that he was not is only because he fought like hell to get away. Not because of any lact of effort on the part of his attackers.

What can I do if the school does not punish the kids that did this? Should I call the police? Should I call a lawyer?What is the name of your state?

BelizeBreeze

What is the name of your state? Colorado

Yesterday, my 12 year old son was assaulted at school by two much bigger boys. This is what happened. After P.E. when is the final period , my son was in the locker room. He says he was washing his hands and accidentally splashed a small amount of water on another boy. That boys grabbed him by the neck, held him down while he tried to spray HOT water in my son's eyes. My son struggled and a second larger boy grabbed him and the two boys sprayed scalding water in my son's eyes. My son escaped and the boys tripped him and shoved him to the floor two or three times as he tried to get away. He finally got away and ran to the office for help. Three other boys were present butdid not participate, nor did they make any effort to help my son.

I got a message at work from the Principal that an incident had occurred and he was "investigating" and that I might need to have my son's eyes checked for damage. He did not give any detailes other than to say that the other boys involved had left school before he could talk to them. So theinvestigation would continue today. I know he told one lie because my son told me that the Principal talked to one of the boys whoassaulted him before he talked to my son and that he was not sure the Principal would stand up for him and punish those boys.

The reason I am asking for help before I go in to talk to the school is because this school has a very poor trackrecord in defending my kids. From my experience overthe last 13 years, their primary concern is in protecting the School. This is a very small community and I don't want to cause my son more problems, but I have know them to sweep a lot of serious problems under the rug, and I've been too emotional and too scared to fight. This son has come home from school this year with one injury after another that he got in P.E.. He has asked me to let it go before, because he didn't want to look like a tattletale. But that P.E. teacher knows he has been singled out for rough treatment and not protected him. I am tired of it.

He is not a superstar athlete like hissiblings. He is small and quiet and he does not care about sports. He came home last fall with a bruise that covered half his thigh where a kid stomped on his leg with cleats. He has come home with black eyes twice this year. He comes home from P.E. with some kind of bruie almost every week. Either that teacher s encouraging too rough play in her class or she is allowing my son tobe singled out and abused. I thnk the reason he was assaulted yesterday is because she has not discouraged previous assaulted. I am furious and I would like to know what my options are if as I expect I hear that these kids will not even get suspended. I am not willing to let this go. without som kind of repurcussions. My son couldhave been blinded and the fact that he was not is only because he fought like hell to get away. Not because of any lact of effort on the part of his attackers.

What can I do if the school does not punish the kids that did this? Should I call the police? Should I call a lawyer?What is the name of your state?
File assault charges against the two boy with the police.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">