• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Son assaulted school not doing enough

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cozyheart

What is the name of your state? New York City

My 12-year-old son was deliberately kicked in the groin by a classmate.

THE INCIDENT

My son and a group of friends were in the schoolyard during recess. A 12-year-old girl calls my sons name she says, “Hey, ??? look at that.” He turns his head to look and she kicks him in the groin. He falls to his knees begins crying and is rolling on the floor. She is standing above him and laughing. He finally catches his breath and is taken to the principal’s office. He relays to the principal what happens and the student who kicked him is sent for. The principal questions the student and she tells the principal that my son was not bothering her he did nothing to her she just felt like kicking him. The principal issues a week worth of detentions to this student. This I feel is not a severe enough punishment. I relayed that to the principal and her attitude is ohhh she did it cause she liked him. Please gimme a break. Geez what would she do if she didn’t like him. The punishment she issued is pretty much the same issued when a child misses a homework assignment. Oh, by the way this is a Catholic School. So, I pay for my son to be abused!!

My son was badly bruised and is going to the doctors. We do not yet know if there is any permanent damage. Can I and should I file assault and battery charges with the police? If I can and should file charges is there a statue of limitations on how quickly I have to file charges? This incident happened Friday, March 24 and for the most part I have been dealing with the school. However, my husband, mother and sister seem to think that this is criminal and I should file charges. FYI, her father is a police officer in the precinct that covers my area. Also, should I sue the school and/or the girl’s family?What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">