• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Son molested by half brother.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudofdisk

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

My ex-wife and I share custody of our 7 year old son and our 10 year old daughter. Last night it was discovered that a child
(13 years old) from her previous marriage has been engaging in abusive sexual behavior with my son for about a week and a half now. I removed my children from her house and am planning on having my son meet with a counselor. I am not sure what to do here. Do I need to call the police?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

My ex-wife and I share custody of our 7 year old son and our 10 year old daughter. Last night it was discovered that a child
(13 years old) from her previous marriage has been engaging in abusive sexual behavior with my son for about a week and a half now. I removed my children from her house and am planning on having my son meet with a counselor. I am not sure what to do here. Do I need to call the police?
Did you go to the police? Get your children examined at a hospital? How did you discover this? What type of sexually abusive behavior?

sudofdisk

Did you go to the police? Get your children examined at a hospital? How did you discover this? What type of sexually abusive behavior?

I was called last night at about 8:30 and told, by their mom (names changed for obvious reasons):

"I need you to come over. I went to check on the kids and the door was locked [these two share a bedroom]. When Kevin [my son] unlocked the door Brian was in the closet with his pants off. According to Kevin they had been touching each others penises."

I immediately went to mom's house and first talked to Kevin. He informed me that several times over the last week and a half he had been forced to "suck his[Brian's] dick". He was told that if he didn't do it, Brian said he would "smack" him. He also was told if he told anyone about it he would get smacked as well. I haven't taken him to be examined at the hospital. I am still trying to figure out what my next steps are to protect and help my son, this page is missing from my parenting handbook.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I was called last night at about 8:30 and told, by their mom (names changed for obvious reasons):

"I need you to come over. I went to check on the kids and the door was locked [these two share a bedroom]. When Kevin [my son] unlocked the door Brian was in the closet with his pants off. According to Kevin they had been touching each others penises."

I immediately went to mom's house and first talked to Kevin. He informed me that several times over the last week and a half he had been forced to "suck his[Brian's] dick". He was told that if he didn't do it, Brian said he would "smack" him. He also was told if he told anyone about it he would get smacked as well. I haven't taken him to be examined at the hospital. I am still trying to figure out what my next steps are to protect and help my son, this page is missing from my parenting handbook.
You should have IMMEDIATELY taken him to the hospital emergency room. You should have also called the police FROM the emergency room and made a criminal complaint. Since you did not do it last night, DROP EVERYTHING, get your son and go do it NOW!
Make sure your son is tested for any and all STD's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">