• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statchatory Rape, is it to late?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tyla

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I was 15 when I met my now ex and he was 21. We were together for over 2 years Im 17 now and he is 24. I want to know if it is too late to press charges for statch. We have a daughter together so I do have proof that we were "intamate" What should I do if anything?What is the name of your state?

stephenk

go to your local police station and file a report. When did you first have sex with him? When did you stop having sex with him?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I was 15 when I met my now ex and he was 21. We were together for over 2 years Im 17 now and he is 24. I want to know if it is too late to press charges for statch. We have a daughter together so I do have proof that we were "intamate" What should I do if anything?What is the name of your state?
Why do you want to press charges? Why now?

Tyla

The main reason for it being now is because as Im growning up Im seeing how wrong it was of him and he will not stop trying to do everything he can to make my life miserable. He hasnt done anything serious enough to get the police involved with yet and they wont really listen to me about anything anyway :/
We were first "together" in november of 04 and last "together" sometime around August of 06. I just dont want to go to the police and them tell me its to late to do anything about it. I really just want him to go away.

Just Blue

Did your parents know about this relationship? Do they know and did your doctor know who the father is and how old he was?

Indiana

§ 35-42-4-3

§ 35-52-4-9
Child molesting is sexual intercourse with a child under age 14.

Sexual misconduct with a minor if a person at least age 18 engages in sexual intercourse with a child between ages 14 and 16. (1) Fixed term of 10 years with up to 10 years added or four subtracted for aggravating and mitigating circumstances or (2) if the offender actor is at least age 21, a fixed term of 30 years, with up to 20 years added or 10 subtracted.

(1) Fixed term of four years with up to four added or two subtracted or Indiana

§ 35-42-4-3

§ 35-52-4-9
Child molesting is sexual intercourse with a child under age 14.

Sexual misconduct with a minor if a person at least age 18 engages in sexual intercourse with a child between ages 14 and 16.
(1) Fixed term of 10 years with up to 10 years added or four subtracted for aggravating and mitigating circumstances or (2) if the offender actor is at least age 21, a fixed term of 30 years, with up to 20 years added or 10 subtracted.

(1) Fixed term of four years with up to four added or two subtracted or (2) if the actor is at least age 21, a fixed term of 10 years with up to 10 years added or four

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Couple of questions:
Is he paying child support? Is there a support order?
Has he filed for custody/visitation?
Is he dating someone else?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">