• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

State Custody vs Probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Parent111

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee

My Son has been returned to the home from States Custody. His DCS officer said he is still considered in State Custody for 30 days, afterward he will be considered on probation.
I wonder what rules are different for the first 30 days? He has an 8pm curfew while on Probation, so I'm following that, but I'm not sure what else needs to be done. I have asked the DCS officer for a set of rules twice, she says she will get me something,but obviously is in no hurry. She said she would get something together in a couple weeks, but by then the 30 day state custody thing is almost up. I'm afraid if I ask again, I'm going to look like a jerk.

I am mostly concerned about supervision should I leave the home. I'm assuming my mother (his grandmother) would be a good enough surrugate if I'm away. She is on the approved list for probation supervision. Thanks for the input.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I don't think anyone here can guess what is required. Probably, more supervision is better than less. Your son isn't in the position he is for swiping a candy bar from the pantry. And, as a parent, it is likely better for you to be stricter than not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">