• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statutory Rape?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

curious3

I live in New jersey and a girl I work with admitted to having sex with a 26 year old married man when she was 16 and continued until she was 17. She broke it off, turned 18 2 months later, and now after 6 months of it being broken off the man (now 28 and still married), is telling everyone about it because he got vindictive after she left him. She really regrets it and wants to know if there is any way there can be charges pressed now or what laws are against it in the state of New Jersey. She is afraid of legal matters against her also.

curious3

I guess she's afraid of getting in trouble for being involved or "tampering with eveidence" b/c she waited a while b4 she said anything, I'm not exactly sure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">