• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stolen child based on false information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Aries19832

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama

Situation1: 4 and a half year battle with Morgan County DHR to return my child.

Situation 2: Ex and family attack fiancee accuse him of molesting or being inappropriate with my son.

Situation 3: Dhr doesn't contact fiancee until 3 days before court.

situation 4: Final court hearing, judge excuses himself will get back to me in writting.

Situation 5: Court papers come to me three days after rights to appeal expire.

Situation 6: States there is a file from 2007 on my fiancee for indicated neglect with serious harm.

Situation 7: DHR has not contacted my fiancee before now. Fiancee requests a copy of the so called report. DHR replies "we do not release copies of investigations completed by this department to parent or alleged perpetrator."

What can be done??What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

CdwJava

Do you have a question?

If there were allegations of abuse or molestation, were the police involved?

I am not sure why you might think that DHR (which, I presume, is your local equivalent of child services or CPS) needs to get a hold of your fiancee at all. Ultimately you are responsible for the safety of your children, and if you (allegedly) failed to protect them then it is you who will suffer the consequences of that (alleged) failure ... as you have apparently discovered.

It might benefit you to speak with an attorney about how you might next proceed. If the court did not provide a response in a timely manner such that you lost your window of appeal, I imagine there is something that could be done about that with the proper legal counsel. However, if you have waited even longer, then you might have truly lost any right to challenge the order. But, you won't know your options until you speak to an attorney who is well-versed in these matters.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
It might just be me, but if a third party was somehow causing my children to be taken/kept our of my custody? S/he would no longer be my fiance/e. Or at all involved in my life. My kids are more important than a SO.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">