• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stop-Arm Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adamsturr

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

Approximately 4 weeks ago I was charged with a stop-arm violation. Since then, I have not received a citation or any indication of what penalties I am going to face. I was told by the officer who charged me that it was a petty misdemeanor. He also said that in the case of a stop arm violation, court is manditory for adults, but because I am a juvenile it may not be necessary. I have an otherwise clean record.

I haven't been able to find any definitive information as to what the normal punishment for a juvenile with a stop arm violation is. I have a friend who's brother was charged with the same violation and said he received a $100 fine, but I have also talked to family friend who works with the city who said it is likely I will likely have my license revoked.

What are some likely penalties that I will be facing?
Thanks in advance-

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">