• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

subpeonas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

teciman

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

My son & I were subpeonaed by the defense attorney for a juvenile defendant, but after a telephone interview with the attorney, she repeatedly stated that we DID NOT have to appear in Juvenile court even though we had been subpeonaed, & that "you would not be arrested". and the juvenile court was different from criminal court in this area. I took this to mean that since she had sobpeonaed us prior to learning what information we may have, determined that our testimony would be detrimental to her client & that if we did not wish to testify, we did not have to, since she was the initiator of the subpeona. I just wonder if this is true, as I do not want warrants issued against us for failing to appear. We do not want to contribute anything that would further cause this juvenile more problems, but we do not want to agree to his testimony which is not completely true, & we know that it is not true.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">