• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

taped police questioning

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tsloan

What is the name of your state? Louisiana
My 16 year old was questioned by the police. We did not think we needed a lawyer at the time. I was there during the questioning. The officer who did the questioning has now lied in court about my son's answers, and the whole thing has become a nightmare. They say that the questioning was not taped, and so I can't prove the officer lied. Are there laws about using questioning that was not taped?

BelizeBreeze

What is the name of your state? Louisiana
My 16 year old was questioned by the police. We did not think we needed a lawyer at the time. I was there during the questioning. The officer who did the questioning has now lied in court about my son's answers, and the whole thing has become a nightmare. They say that the questioning was not taped, and so I can't prove the officer lied. Are there laws about using questioning that was not taped?
Yes. The same as if it was taped. The office can testify and so can your son.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">